WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2020 offseason thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
    Well, that would be fair. When you come in, you either both commit to one another, or you don't. If you don't commit to 4 years, then neither does the school.
    Exactly. It's either like the NFL or like MLB contracts in that regard. It's all or nothing.
    My point is that I don't think the NCAA wants schools treating kids that way, but if the kids are treating schools that way too often, then the schools won't have much choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      Welp, JLF just hit the transfer portal, so there goes Valpo.
      Going to Depaul. Stinks for us and the MVC.

Comment

• I see that Missouri State is getting a home game with Mizzou. Very nice get for them, and it looks like Mizzou is really trying to stay close to home for travel cost reasons in the upcoming year. Wonder if we'll see some of that come our way, with games against Minnesota or Wisconsin or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
          I see that Missouri State is getting a home game with Mizzou. Very nice get for them, and it looks like Mizzou is really trying to stay close to home for travel cost reasons in the upcoming year. Wonder if we'll see some of that come our way, with games against Minnesota or Wisconsin or something.
          Sounds like a lot of teams are trying to stick closest to home, due to COVID. Purdue is playing both ISUb and Evansville, Loyola playing DePaul.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• MAN. If ONLY we had Power 5 teams in our state, then we could schedule games with them, maybe some home and homes or even two for ones. Alas.

Comment

• Nice little story about Austin and his dad, Steve. My favorite part is that you see one more dunk from Austin than you saw all last year. He's obviously a great player, but I wouldn't hate to see a little more power at the rim.

https://twitter.com/timmoses68/statu...879384065?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                Nice little story about Austin and his dad, Steve. My favorite part is that you see one more dunk from Austin than you saw all last year. He's obviously a great player, but I wouldn't hate to see a little more power at the rim.

https://twitter.com/timmoses68/statu...879384065?s=20

The Phyfe's are such a great UNI family!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

The Phyfe's are such a great UNI family!
                  Say it ... five times ... as fast as you can:

Phyfe family,
                  Phyfe family,
                  Phyfe family,
                  Phyfe family,
                  Phyfe family.
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Say it ... five times ... as fast as you can:

Phyfe family,
                    Phyfe family,
                    Phyfe family,
                    Phyfe family,
                    Phyfe family.
                    I can't do it. Try this one.

Fine Phyfe family.
                    Fine Phyfe family.
                    Fine Phyfe family.
                    Fine Phyfe family.
                    Fine Phyfe family.

Comment

• https://www.midmajormadness.com/2020...v-richmond-uni

Comment

• God I'm getting hyped for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Sounds like a lot of teams are trying to stick closest to home, due to COVID. Purdue is playing both ISUb and Evansville, Loyola playing DePaul.
                          Add Bradley at Mizzou to the list.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• I wonder if we could work out a compromise where we play in IaCity and get a bunch of seating for UNI fans. Then run a few busses.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                              I wonder if we could work out a compromise where we play in IaCity and get a bunch of seating for UNI fans. Then run a few busses.
                              without a return trip?? No thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

without a return trip?? No thank you.
                                Honestly, I'm ok with a one off. It's a moot point though because ending the Big Four Classic made it very clear Iowa has no interest in playing UNI, period. Home, neutral, or away.

Comment

Working...
                                X