WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ Carton Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Carton Transferring

Pretty sure the kid is going to end up at Iowa given his recruiting history, but holy crap if Jake could some how pull the rabbit out of his hat on this one, it would be amazing.

Iowa is actually over a scholarship for next year (unless somebody other than their 2 seniors have left?), so I don't know that they can make room for him, unless Fran pulls a McDermott and pays his kids way. Regardless, it's probably a long shot here comes here, but man, that would be great. With his mental health issues last year, I have to imagine he's looking to be closer to home.
    Last edited by CyCarp; 03-19-2020, 12:57 PM.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Iowa State would be a possibility, too. They have a few guys transferring out.

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
        Iowa State would be a possibility, too. They have a few guys transferring out.
        I heard a Zion Griffin to Illinois st rumor.
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

While normally I wouldn't expect UNI to be in the running for a guy like Carton...if a kid like him wants to get back home and play in a program with a very good, supportive culture, I could see him taking a close look.

Especially given what Jake has going with a large collection of Iowa kids who Carton surely knows who are starting to build something pretty interesting in Cedar Falls

Not saying it's gonna happen...but if it ever were I think it's now.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Seems like he left on good terms, I could easily seem him not staying in the BIG. Adding to that, maybe he doesn't want the spotlight of a major conference.

Comment

I'm not going to hold my breathe on this, but like said before our culture does have a possibility to be a draw, and the fact that he would of played with/against most of our team growing up and I am sure that he has a relationship with some of them. Also I believe that we were the first program to offer him.

Comment

Well get AJ and Cole in his ear. I think this is a possibility. Like explained. He would thrive at UNI and less pressure and it would be a piece that takes this team to a new level.

Comment

Like King, I'm sure he goes to another P5 school. It's fun to dream, but this one's not going to be reality, boys.

Comment

I would be shocked if it wasn't Iowa or Illinois. But maybe after his time at OSU he just wants a better situation/smaller school. But who knows. I'm sure we will reach out.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody is considering Nebraska as the top option. They mayor has a history of success with transfer students, so I would be surprised if he isn't hard on the trail.

Comment

A Sports Illustrated article has Iowa State, Nebraska, and Drake as the top 3 for Carton.

Freshman guard played 20 games before leaving Ohio State for mental health reasons, now has entered NCAA Transfer Portal

Comment

I really wonder what appeal Drake has to him...
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

No way he goes to Drake. I would say UNI has a better shot than D+. If he came to UNI, UNI would be a top 10 team next year in my opinion. Dayton of this year

Comment

Working...
                            X