WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ Carton Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
    Robbins heading to Minnesota. I do think this helps us a little with Will Tschetter. I had read MN was close to offering him.
    Boy that would be a gift

Comment

Uncle promotion, shortly before 7 ft nephew transferred.

Complete coincidence, I'm sure

Comment

Robbins heading to Minnesota. I do think this helps us a little with Will Tschetter. I had read MN was close to offering him.
        Honestly I hadn't even considered this. That's a damn good point

Comment

That's a great point, even if he is a hometown kid, being back up until you're a junior is a hard ask for someone of that talent.

Comment

I don't think Tschetter necessarily backs up Robbins. In the B10 you can have a 7 footer and a guy 6'8" on the floor at the same time.

Comment

Apparently Carton has made up his mind, no idea when he plans on letting everyone know, though.

Comment

Given Mar's signing I would bet he isn't coming to Cedar Falls.

Edit - forgot about Goldman.

Still have one open.
                Last edited by clenz; 04-15-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                  Given Mar's signing I would bet he isn't coming to Cedar Falls.

Edit - forgot about Goldman.

Still have one open.
                  Can't blame you for that, tbf

Comment

To Marquette
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Any of you recruiting gurus know if this Mar guy stands to be a contributor? His stats paint an odd picture of a guy who was a solid contributor at GM as a freshman but didn't do much the last two years. They must think highly of him if they are going to give him two years of scholly for one year of play though.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                        Any of you recruiting gurus know if this Mar guy stands to be a contributor? His stats paint an odd picture of a guy who was a solid contributor at GM as a freshman but didn't do much the last two years. They must think highly of him if they are going to give him two years of scholly for one year of play though.
                        His career seems similar to Pickford. Big contributor freshman year, then injuries took over. Hopefully the year off will really benefit him.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

He was a 3 star recruit out of high school with offers from ISU, and at least interest from Cincy, Butler, and others. He's definitely the highest recruit besides A.J. on the team, now. That means a lot less now that he is a senior, however. I think he's the size of guy UNI needs, though.

Comment

Injury and coaching change

A year to fully recover and go all out for one year should hello his stats come back up

Comment

Rats. Knew it was a long shot, and as much as "nice to be in the conversation" doesn't mean jack at the end of the day, it's nice that we were in the conversation. At least he's not going to Iowa or Iowa State. And who knows, maybe he'll be back in the transfer portal once Marquette starts out like 17-2 and then ends 17-10 again.

Comment

Mar serves to lessen the blow of losing both Trae and Ty as perimeter defenders after next year. That's the biggest thing he does.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X