WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical 3x3 Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical 3x3 Tournament

I think we can all confidently say that Mediacom is trash but this is at least an interesting topic for the boredom we're all enduring.

As someone who only started following Panther BB ~15 yrs ago I'm hitching my horse to Team 7 and cruising to the championship but I'm interested in hearing from others.

Also no Jordan Eglseder?
    Last edited by panther-state; 07-05-2020, 10:03 PM.

What is this about?

Comment

Not sure why the link or embedded tweet won't show up. I've edited the OP several times, tried to include an image and nothing seems to work. Maybe a 2nd post will do the trick...

@UNImbb:
      We want to know which UNI 3x3 Team is the most Xtream in History! Voting begins tomorrow at 11 AM! Powered by
      @MediacomCable
      #UNIFight
      Last edited by panther-state; 07-05-2020, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Huh. I mean yeah, it's something. It's either that or speculate on which players have Covid, so I imagine the school would prefer we focus on this.

Comment

I like 4, 7 and 8 a lot. Team 6 will literally kill you to win though.

Neat idea and I imagine the interwebs go with Team 7.
          #MACtion

Comment

Team 6 is the epitome of everything other teams hated about UNI basketball from about 07-17

Slightly undersized. Not fast. Not super athletic. White kids from midwestern suburb/white areas. Will beat the ever-loving **** out of you on the court on defense.

You might beat them, but you're going to lose that next game because you're going to be too damn beat up to go at a high level.

Comment

I would have to go with Team 7 as well, such versatility in all three players.

The battle between O'Rear and Coleman would be an absolute war.

Tough to pick 24 players but interesting omissions: Jordan Eglseder, Jake Koch, Paul Jespersen, David Gruber, Dale Turner, Randy Blocker, Nick Nurse, Marc Sonnen, Robbie Sieverding, Darian DeVries, Cedrick McCullough, Maurice Newby....
              Last edited by Khan4Cats; 07-06-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I have to think that Green would thrive with more 1-on-1 situations, which I think 3-on-3 would result in.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                  I would have to go with Team 7 as well, such versatility in all three players.

The battle between O'Rear and Coleman would be an absolute war.

Tough to pick 24 players but interesting omissions: Jordan Eglseder, Jake Koch, Paul Jespersen, David Gruber, Dale Turner, Randy Blocker, Nick Nurse, Marc Sonnen, Robbie Sieverding, Darian DeVries, Cedrick McCullough, Maurice Newby....
                  Hadn't really taken the time to think who wasn't on the teams. Fun to think about. but you could go down some rabbit holes with that discussion and if it is a ranking of players or who's games best fit 3v3. Of the players you note, Blocker especially stood out at first pass. I'd throw in Mullinberg. It seems like I recall from watching that tournament on ESPN of the college seniors the last few years that you're not looking for traditional post players. So Jordan (absent the KU game) may not be a great pick. Throw in Nurse as a three point shooter. I'd think anytime UNI can pull the name Nick Nurse into anything, even if it's a meaningless social media thing, it'd can't be bad.

Comment

Team 2 hands down.
                    No one in this field can guard Wes with so much open court in a 3 on 3, and with Joey and elder Koch rebounding for him? Easy choice.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                      Team 2 hands down.
                      No one in this field can guard Wes with so much open court in a 3 on 3, and with Joey and elder Koch rebounding for him? Easy choice.
                      Jeremy Morgan exists and 'plays' him in the first round.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Abk
                        Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Thank you! The disrespect against J-Mo is unreal. One of the best defensive guards the UNI and the MVC has seen in the last 30 years

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Let's not forget EC was an excellent defender in his own right too.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                            Team 2 hands down.
                            I would imagine you would just stand back inside the lane and let Wes shoot open jumpers and collect the long rebounds.

Comment

Teams 7 vs. 8 in the final. Team 7 for the victory.

Comment

Working...
                              X