WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Jake Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
    Just to correct one point. Unless things have changed in the last 10 years since I worked for a state university, regents employees aren't under the IPERS plan. Their retirement plan is called TIAA/CREF Teachers Insurance Annuity Association/College Retirement Equities Fund. For every dollar contributed by the employee the university contributes $2.
    Not so. At least for faculty and staff, Regents and community colleges both still offer IPERS or TIAA/CREF. The employee chooses.

Each college also has it's own contribution system as well. Not all are 2:1.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Nope. Because I'm a UNI fan, I'm griping about Ferentz as well.
      Why not go to an Iowa board and let loose, then? If "taxpayer dollars" are really your concern in coming after Jake, isn't Ferentz "stealing" millions of dollars more? The dollar amounts aren't comparable, and he has a "big season" about the same % of the time as Jake.
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

Or Frannie for that matter only 4 ncaa appearances and how many ncaa tourney wins? Not even 1 conference title or conference tourney title in 10 years!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

Why not go to an Iowa board and let loose, then? If "taxpayer dollars" are really your concern in coming after Jake, isn't Ferentz "stealing" millions of dollars more? The dollar amounts aren't comparable, and he has a "big season" about the same % of the time as Jake.
          Way ahead of ya, my boy! I've been raising awareness of him as well on other boards. Ferentz is a double whammy, as (1) he's another bad entertainer who's bilking our tax dollars and (2) he's a Sqwawker.

One other notable con is Makehalfery. Until this year, he's been dismal. See below...
          Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 01-07-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
            Or Frannie for that matter only 4 ncaa appearances and how many ncaa tourney wins? Not even 1 conference title or conference tourney title in 10 years!!!!!
            You beat me to it. He's taken probably more of my ribs than any of them.
            Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 01-07-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Yes. There is a group of 8 donors that pay his salary. There is no way UNI could pay that without outside sources footing the bill. The University is only on the hook for his health insurance. All of his 'perks' (car, country club memberships, etc) are also donated/privately funded.

Is this a direct payment from them to him? Or are they giving to the university to offset the cost? I doubt if you can designate contributions for a particular salary and still get the tax deductions. Or maybe it is like the funding of an endowed chair. They provide the assets from which a salary and expenses are paid. Regardless, I find it fascinating that 8 donors are making such a significant contribution. That is "UNI Fight" to the max!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

Regardless, I find it fascinating that 8 donors are making such a significant contribution.
                Yes, but as I said, they are supplementing the salary that UNI is paying him. I'm not sure of the percentage breakdown, but UNI pays some of it, plus the benefits, travel expenses, provides the facilities for his basketball camps, etc.

Comment

Yes, but as I said, they are supplementing the salary that UNI is paying him. I'm not sure of the percentage breakdown, but UNI pays some of it, plus the benefits, travel expenses, provides the facilities for his basketball camps, etc.
                  The "benefits, travel expenses, provides the facilities for" would be paid to someone that is coach. They are currently paid to other university employees such as band directors, professors, athletic directors or assistant coaches. Your criticisms are counter productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

The "benefits, travel expenses, provides the facilities for" would be paid to someone that is coach. They are currently paid to other university employees such as band directors, professors, athletic directors or assistant coaches. Your criticisms are counter productive.
                    Given the fact that few on here seem to know that UNI DOES pay part of his salary, it's probably pertinent to inform people that he gets all of the benefits packages provided by the university as well. And then we have the free facilities for his basketball camps.

Comment

Apparently you are lacking some reading comprehension. I don’t know what you have against Jake but I’ll give one last shot to understand sunk costs and actual costs to the university.

The cost of a coach’s travel, vehicle, benefits and facilities would be paid to any coach in the role. They are expenses which are paid by every university. Many of these expenses incurred apply to all university personnel (to lesser extents, depending on the role). Some of these benefits are capped, be it for a professor or coach. Jake’s salary is funded, for the most part, by outside sources. This has been public since the contract was signed. UNI has always paid a portion of Jake’s salary and will continue to do so. Jake leaves and they continue to incur the same expense with another name on the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                        Apparently you are lacking some reading comprehension.

UNI has always paid a portion of Jake’s salary and will continue to do so.
                        No reading comprehension problems here. Show me what I've said that's in error.

PM BCPanther and clue him/her in to your second pernt. That has escaped him/her.

Comment

Okay... I’m done.
                          Can anyone please remind me how to mute/block a member? It’s been a few years and I can’t find it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                            Okay... I’m done.
                            Can anyone please remind me how to mute/block a member? It’s been a few years and I can’t find it. Thanks!
                            Of course you're done, as is BCPanther.

User settings>Account>Scroll to the bottom and add my name.

Comment

Got it. UNI pays part of his salary. Now, do you have anything to answer my questions?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

Got it. UNI pays part of his salary. Now, do you have anything to answer my questions?
                                I do not know any of the other stuff, but I know that the poor entertainer is on the public dole.

Comment

Working...
                                X