WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    The Maui Invitational announced they are moving the tournament to Las Vegas due to Hawaii's strict COVID policies.

Good chance that the Hawaii Bowl and Diamond Head get moved as well. Sucks from an experience standpoint for the guys but staying away from that long flight and ending up in Vegas or similar is better for the long term.
    Heard anything about the Diamond Head Classic moving? I suppose UHawaii really wants to keep their home court...

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post

Heard anything about the Diamond Head Classic moving? I suppose UHawaii really wants to keep their home court...
      Last I heard, they were trying to get an exemption because the arena is quite a bit bigger than where they play Maui with a much newer ventilation system.
      #MACtion

Comment

Also, I knew that Drake was taking a big chance by having everybody back but I didn't realize how big. They'll lose Wilkins, Penn, Murphy, Hemphill, Akinwole (transfer that is going to get big minutes), Jackson and Brodie off this team. Um, yikes.
        DeVries is all in on this year, no doubt. However, that probably doesn’t scare him much due to the transfer portal. He and his staff have been very adept at finding quality players who’ve fit in well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

DeVries is all in on this year, no doubt. However, that probably doesn’t scare him much due to the transfer portal. He and his staff have been very adept at finding quality players who’ve fit in well.
          Drake will lose half of their current 16 man roster at season's end, but they have seen this before.

Comment

• Does anybody know when the MVC media day is? I'd imagine it's this week or next.

​​​​​​Err, nevermind, looks like it's next Wednesday.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• The St Bonaventure game has been assigned to ESPN+.

Peacock would have been way more fun...
              #MACtion

Comment

• Heads up to those that may need to juggle work schedules.

The Vermont game is a 5:00 tip on Thursday, November 11th to accommodate their flight to play Maryland the on the morning of the 13th.

Other than that, we've got Tip Times and TV for everything except the games at Marshall and SIU. See the first post.
                Last edited by BCPanther; 10-13-2021, 02:16 PM.
                #MACtion

Comment

Heads up to those that may need to juggle work schedules.

The Vermont game is a 5:00 tip on Thursday,
                  So, quarter beer night?

Another happy hour promotion???

crickets...

Comment

• So we're giving them a big check to come here and they're flying commercial?

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                      So we're giving them a big check to come here and they're flying commercial?
                      Yup. The old Indiana State method. Red eye from CR to Chicago to DC from what I understand...
                      #MACtion

Comment

Heads up to those that may need to juggle work schedules.

The Vermont game is a 5:00 tip on Thursday, November 11th to accommodate their flight to play Maryland the on the morning of the 13th.
                        I was thinking free beer for veterans??

still crickets...

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple member View Post

I was thinking free beer for veterans??

still crickets...
                          Free beer for anybody that can get there for 5:00 Thursday tip...

I'd make it a big deal for students--Come to the game before you go out!!!

But alas, that would require marketing...

I've given up on good attendance for the year but we have to do something for the ESPN games. That building needs to look good on National TV for recruiting.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• I realize you're being somewhat tongue-in-cheek with free beer. It is illegal for any establishment that holds an Iowa beer or liquor license to give away any free alcoholic beverage. Maybe $1.00 beer night would work but then you're giving up a revenue steam with no guarantee that it will put more butts in the seats..
                            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

I've given up on good attendance for the year but we have to do something for the ESPN games. That building needs to look good on National TV for recruiting.
                              Well, during COVID, I recall MLB and NFL teams packing the stands with cutouts of people (in some cases, real fans - SF Giants did that; in other cases ... well, the Denver Broncos had South Park characters).

I wonder if the AD can swing a deal on clearance cutouts?
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Just waiting on you, Marshall...

Get it together.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X