WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
    Bowen Born fractured a bone in his shooting hand this week in practice. Potentially out 4-6 weeks. Not a good way to start the season.
    Ugh, i had missed this.

Comment

• Preseason AP poll is out and the schedule features the following:
      #16 - Arkansas
      #23 - Bonnies
      Receiving votes - Richmond, Drake, BYU

I didn’t expect votes, but my level of excitement and expectation is much higher than what I’ve seen from the media. Looks like we will have to prove it and our schedule gives us the chance to do that.

Comment

• Definitely got a "proove it" schedule, and I'd say it's pretty likely that neither Arkansas nor Saint Bonaventure drops a game before we take them on, so they should both be ranked matchups.

Comment

• Alright. Just got my tickets email & have them printed. (Phone and/or operator too old to use other options!)

Comment

• I'm sure all the grumbling about Green's point guard ability will cease. Someone has to spell Kimmons until Born returns. Another option would be Pickford.

Comment

• Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
              Alright. Just got my tickets email & have them printed. (Phone and/or operator too old to use other options!)
              I got mine as well. I do not have a mobile device so I will need to print the tickets with my desktop and printer. I downloaded the PDF and noticed that each printed ticket was going to use an entire sheet of paper. Is this correct or should I change my printer settings to reduce the size and if so how much? I don't want to show up at the game and not have the tickets scan properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                I'm sure all the grumbling about Green's point guard ability will cease. Someone has to spell Kimmons until Born returns. Another option would be Pickford.
                No matter who is playing, AJ will almost always have the ball in his hand like he should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schack View Post

I got mine as well. I do not have a mobile device so I will need to print the tickets with my desktop and printer. I downloaded the PDF and noticed that each printed ticket was going to use an entire sheet of paper. Is this correct or should I change my printer settings to reduce the size and if so how much? I don't want to show up at the game and not have the tickets scan properly.
                  Set it to print four pages per sheet. It will scan fine.
                  If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• I have two seats, so I just set the printer to print front and back side of the sheet.

Comment

• I didn't catch all of the interview with Jake, but disappointing to hear that the team isn't all vaccinated. COVID ended the last two years for us, now let's give it a chance to cost us more games.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                        I didn't catch all of the interview with Jake, but disappointing to hear that the team isn't all vaccinated. COVID ended the last two years for us, now let's give it a chance to cost us more games.
                        Meh. There's no required testing or anything this year. I'm not terribly concerned with it. Between those that are vaccinated and those that have had it the chances of an outbreak are pretty slim.
                        #MACtion

Comment

• The Valley doesn't have any quarantine rules for exposures this year? Not going to get screwed in St Louis again if one of the players comes down with something?
                          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            I didn't catch all of the interview with Jake, but disappointing to hear that the team isn't all vaccinated. COVID ended the last two years for us, now let's give it a chance to cost us more games.
                            Is there a link to the interview?
                            EDIT:
                            A Zoom call featuring all 10 men’s basketball head coaches and Commissioner Jeff Jackson was conducted Wednesday, Oct. 20, in conjunction with the release of the league's preseason teams and preseason poll
                            Last edited by sivert; 10-20-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post

Is there a link to the interview?
                              This is the full Valley Media Day, Jake starts at about 1:12:10.

https://twitter.com/ValleyHoops/stat...VkAkLt8jg&s=19
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• The Marshall game is on Stadium.

That network has had about a thousand different iterations over the years and I'm not sure what it looks like today. Might be streaming only at this point? They also do some simulcasting on Marquee? I'll have more info as it gets closer.

After looking at how CUSA's TV package works, oh my god, are we lucky to be in The Valley with leadership that understands TV.
                                Last edited by BCPanther; 10-21-2021, 02:10 PM.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X