WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
    Are PSN/ESPN3 games on Bally Sports Midwest and NBC Sports Chicago again this year? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's how it's typically been in recent years. Or that's the MVC-TV games...
    They'll be on NBC Sports Chicago or their overflow channel. Only the MVC-TV games are on Bally.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Mar stepping away and the 3 freshmen all redshirting does clarify some things.

First, they must be pretty confident in Born being back sooner than later which is obviously huge.

Second, pretty much puts the rotation into focus-

Once Born is back--
      Green
      Born
      Berhow
      Carter
      Phyfe

Kimmons
      Heise
      Pickford
      Anderson
      Betz
      Henry

Lots of Carter at the 5 and lots of Anderson and Pickford/Berhow at the 4. Shooters for days....
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Mar stepping away and the 3 freshmen all redshirting does clarify some things.

First, they must be pretty confident in Born being back sooner than later which is obviously huge.

Once Born is back--
        Green
        Born
        Berhow
        Carter
        Phyfe

Kimmons
        Heise
        Pickford
        Anderson
        Betz
        Henry

Lots of Carter at the 5 and lots of Anderson and Pickford/Berhow at the 4. Shooters for days....
        Mar has left team??? His future?

Comment

• Mar's gone? When did that get announced?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

Mar has left team??? His future?
            Retiring from basketball due to injuries upon injuries

Comment

• Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
              The roos would probably struggle in the Iowa high school tourney.

Can't imagine that defense emphasized in these scrimmages, other than by Jake.
              Seems like Mizzou may not be able to make the state tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post

Cuonzo is dead man walking. Again.

But somehow, he'll get another job.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post

I don't know which is more surprising UMKC over Mizzou or the way the 49ers are ass-whipping the Rams on MNF.

Here's to the Roos.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    Mar stepping away and the 3 freshmen all redshirting does clarify some things.

Once Born is back--
                    Green
                    Born
                    Berhow
                    Carter
                    Phyfe

Kimmons
                    Heise
                    Pickford
                    Anderson
                    Betz
                    Henry

I don't remember for sure, but was it you who told us Duax wouldn't redshirt because he was so college-ready defensively and would not accept not playing in his freshman year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

I don't remember for sure, but was it you who told us Duax wouldn't redshirt because he was so college-ready defensively and would not accept not playing in his freshman year?
                      Body and game are absolutely college ready. He could have contributed immediately.

I'm glad he made the choice for the long term, it's real rare in today's world.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• St. Bonaventure is ranked #16.

Comment

• Saturday's game at Marshall is on Stadium

Best bet is to download their app on Amazon Fire, Roku (apparently through the Roku Channel), use the free stream on their website (watchstadium.com). It's also available over the air on 28.4 but, keep in mind, that's a horrible SD feed.

The Valley doesn't do everything right but at least they were/are way ahead of their time on TV coverage.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• I noticed FanDuel has odds out on the Diamond Head Classic - we're 12/1 to win it. The only teams with worse odds are Hawaii and South Florida. I feel like preseason we'd certainly be top 3, maybe even the overall favorite.
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Drake game on 1/22 in Cedar Falls has been assigned to ESPN2.

LSU at Tennessee gets ESPN slot.

East Carolina at Houston assigned to ESPNU.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Just a reminder for those of you out of town that will pull the game on TV on Wednesday night, it will be blacked out on ESPN+ in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas and Missouri. You'll need to either watch on Bally Sports Midwest or NBC Sports Chicago or stream from the Bally's app.

The Athletic Department is going with incorrect info on this one.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X