WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley Game 2/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a series that we'd have been more than happy to split coming in and we got it done. I thought it was our best two game stretch of the year.

If we do end up getting Kimmons back this year, we have as good a chance as anybody to get it done in StL.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
      Leave it to UNI to find a new way to lose a heartbreaker. Good effort boys.

Definitely seeing improvement as we go. See if we can steal one in Chicago. Loving the experience the freshmen are getting.
      It's easy to focus on the missed opportunities late in the game but earlier mistakes are just as costly. When Betz missed that layup to begin the game, I said to my spouse "that potential bucket could come back to haunt us" as we watched from our McLeod seats.

Also Grainer, I'm enjoying your more positive attitude about this UNI team. Has there been a major life-changing event for you recently?

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
        The Good: Born. Hitting the offensive glass.

The Bad: Not capitalizing on hitting the offensive glass. Seemingly Bradley could get an open three at any time they wanted from any player they wanted - they actually made a couple in a row and that’s when they pulled away.

The Ugly: Can the NCAA please pony up for bigger monitors so all three officials can watch replays at the same time? Such a drag already and then sure enough “Hey we’ve been looking at this for five minutes, why don’t you finally come take a look now.” (Plus, those game end replays NEVER go our way)
        A few BAD turnovers again too. One thing I really like about Born is that he does not give up his dribble until he KNOWS what he is going to do with the ball. Please let him have the ball in late half/game situations - NOT Pickford! I know that you want to be able to pass to a shooter, but you need to have it in the hands of someone who can make his own opportunity also & someone who will not turn the ball over.

We have two good freshman guards! Hope we get Kimmons back also.

Comment

I agree with Pickford not driving or dribbling much. Also, if Mar isn’t going to shoot 3s, then let him drive and either shoot from the elbow or dish to Berhow/Born/Heise/Carter. A couple times Mar was down on the baseline at the 3 point line wide open and got a pass - only to pass it to someone guarded.

Comment

I do like the new bigger lineup Born, Heise, Mar, Betts, and Phyfe. It shores up our rebounding and points in the paint. The Betts kid has had some nice flashes. I think he can add some 3 point shooting to our Arsenal. The Mar kid can help as get to rebounds and play multiple spots. He looks like he fits in at 2,3, or 4. The bench is probably close to the best in the league with Berhow, Carter, Pickford, Henry, Gauger, Krogman, and Daniel. Not much margin for error in Chicago. However, even if we're swept I still like us as the 5-6 seed in St. Louis and winning the automatic bid. The 6th seed doesn't see the #1 until the final.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
              I agree with Pickford not driving or dribbling much. Also, if Mar isn’t going to shoot 3s, then let him drive and either shoot from the elbow or dish to Berhow/Born/Heise/Carter. A couple times Mar was down on the baseline at the 3 point line wide open and got a pass - only to pass it to someone guarded.
              If we MUST have someone other than Born handle the ball, why not Berhow? At least he can shoot and can make an aggressive drive off the dribble. Pickford and Mar need to be moving w/o the basketball. Try to get open in the lane or be there for an offensive board/put back. I guess Mar can back a guy down and hit the fade away but other than that, those two need not be handling the rock unless it's under the hoop.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

If we MUST have someone other than Born handle the ball, why not Berhow? At least he can shoot and can make an aggressive drive off the dribble. Pickford and Mar need to be moving w/o the basketball. Try to get open in the lane or be there for an offensive board/put back. I guess Mar can back a guy down and hit the fade away but other than that, those two need not be handling the rock unless it's under the hoop.
                This is why Kimmons coming back would be big. I fully support why he left, and believe he shouldn't come back until he and his family are 100% ready, but he'll be a huge help. He's a very good ball handler.

Also, kind of OT and it really might not have anything to do with this season, but any updates on Ty Anderson? I thought I heard he'd at least be back to practice in January. I don't expect anything from him in games since he's been out so long, but it'd be nice to see him back at practice continuing to learn the system.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

In the past the most important part of this role was being able to create your own shot. They may shy away from Born due to his height and fear of getting blocked when everyone knows he’s shooting. However Pickford doesn’t fit the bill either. So if it must be one guy I agree with Berhow. But my question is, why does it have to be ONE guy dribbling it down to the wire? Why not run a play, swing the ball, and get an open shot in the rhythm of the offense? I get that you have less control over exactly how much time you leave on the clock, but I’d gladly trade bleeding it all the way down and chucking up a prayer for a higher quality shot.
                  Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 01-13-2021, 08:18 PM. Reason: Autocorrect sux

Comment

Working...
                  X