WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI vs. Valpo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game has been mostly even except one team is making shots and the other is not. Just gotta keep playing hard and hope the shots finally start falling.

Comment

We are probably going to finish last.

Comment

This is completely unacceptable.

Comment

Offense has been better in the second half but we can't get any stops. Valpo continues to shoot WELL over their season average.

Comment

To me the most frustrating thing is the stubbornness to change, we do the same thing game after game, with the same results.

Comment

We have held them off until a desperation shot - that goes in so. many. times.

Comment

Valpo is on fire, but this is just not a good team. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in the lack of development this year. I really thought this year might be similar to two years ago when we really turned it on towards the end of the year. There isn't even a glimmer of hope for that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                  We have held them off until a desperation shot - that goes in so. many. times.
                  Shots go in when there isn't a serious contest

Comment

This game was never in question for a single moment. Got run off our own floor by the team just above us in the standings. Here’s hoping the guys take it personally and come out swinging tomorrow.

Comment

It'll be a different game tomorrow when Valpo goes back to being Valpo. But our defense needs to improve. We're giving up way too many good looks.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                        Offense has been better in the second half but we can't get any stops. Valpo continues to shoot WELL over their season average.
                        How many times do we say this?
                        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

How many times do we say this?
                          I think this is my big issue. Teams consistently having really solid offensive nights is more than a coincidence and is really a reflection of the defense and the strategy that's been implemented. The switches and doubles are leaving them out of position so often that open threes are happening frequently. And I really don't get the benefit of Bowen (or anyone right now really) doubling down on the post Krikke and McMillan were both able to find an open guy from that situation pretty easily.

Comment

Scoring 57 was fun back when we were allowing 52.

Comment

SIgh... This is usually the time of year where I pound my chest proud of my school. I'm still proud. Usually wrestling is good. We are this season. I had such high hopes for the basketball season. Of course, before all the stuff happened. I'm just really sad.. Oh, BTW, IT's FOOTBALL SEASON! Beat the Jacks!

Comment

Didn't see the game, but another evening of chucking up endless three point shots that don't fall?

That's what I thought...

Comment

Working...
                                X