WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the Valley News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    SIU will be solid as well.

This could literally be a 4 bid league if the top 4 schedule well and WIN games.
    Looking at you Drake. Ill give you a pass this past season but...........

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPThe anther View Post
      SIU will be solid as well.

This could literally be a 4 bid league if the top 4 schedule well and WIN games.
      The NCAA selection committee will never allow that. Two bids will go to a Big Ten or ACC team with less than 20 wins before that will happen.
      "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

• Time for some marketing. UNI has a chance to have a great year and their will be some really good opponents coming into Mcleod. Iowa could be lousy, time for people to take advantage of the chance to watch high level basketball in the Cedar Valley.
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post
          Time for some marketing. UNI has a chance to have a great year and their will be some really good opponents coming into Mcleod. Iowa could be lousy, time for people to take advantage of the chance to watch high level basketball in the Cedar Valley.
          AJ Green deserves a sell out every night. Not to mention everyone else

We also know that wont happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
            Will be interesting to watch Loyola's offense without Krut-ches. I'm certain his passing talent elevated everyone's game.

We know they'll be a problem on defense with the return of Williamson.
            Good point. Loyola still has a lot of talent coming back, but their whole offense seemed like it ran through Krutwig. Analogous to when we lost Tuttle.

Comment

• Aaron Cook leaving Gonzaga. Curious to see where he ends up. Was very good at SIU

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post
                Iowa could be lousy,
                Kind of thought that was a one-time (somewhat) flash in the pan this season.

Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 04-28-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                  Aaron Cook leaving Gonzaga. Curious to see where he ends up. Was very good at SIU
                  Honestly he was pretty good for Gonzaga, he just isn't going to be a star at a P5 school.

Comment

• Tyreke Key back for ISUb. I don't expect them to be very good, but he is a stud.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• He has single-handily beat us by himself before though.

Comment

• Moves the Trees from the 8/9 range to 6 for me. He's that good.
                        #MACtion

Comment

• We done got some real expansion smoke here...

Love the idea
                          #MACtion

Comment

• I'm with you. Add Denver or Grand Canyon along with them and make the schools airport travel partners. Kentucky or Tennessee schools don't really give us much. Playing in a metro area a few times a year helps keep our university on the minds of potential recruits and more importantly, potential students. If we have to have a "bridge school" to get them closer to the footprint, UALR might be an option.

If you haven't looked at our enrollment numbers in a while, they aren't good. We need more students on campus. It's time to start thinking outside of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                              If you haven't looked at our enrollment numbers in a while, they aren't good. We need more students on campus. It's time to start thinking outside of the box.
                              All part of a nationwide trend that won't be changing any time soon. Private colleges are closing in some areas of the country, and if the initiative to make community colleges free nationwide (not going to happen though, outside of an Executive order, so no need to get artificially "outraged" over this) happened, that would put the crunch on all other colleges and universities even more.

Comment

• Considering the footprint of the league, it seems kind of odd to add a Texas team, but I'd agree - I do think it would be good for the conference as a whole. Plus, teams like Creighton and Wichita were awful geographical fits for their leagues, but that didn't cause an issue. I wonder how the schools themselves think about expansion. Going from 10 to 12 teams would cut NCAA shares and other league revenue by a pretty substantial amount, would it not?
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X