WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selection Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sivert View Post
    The MVC should force member schools to use some portion for Men’s Basketball Facility or Coaching personnel improvements. I suggest everything beyond the first unit should be earmarked for MB.
    And lose the charm and history of the middle school gym at Valpo?

No sir.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

And lose the charm and history of the middle school gym at Valpo?

No sir.
      Say what you will about it, I like it. It feels like a lounge that you find in a small town that you have to stop to get food in, because there's a blizzard outside and you need to take the sideroads to get home from a family trip to the grandparents. The tv in the corner is showing a classic boxing match, and there's only a bar, a few tables, and a pool table with a flickering light above. It makes you go "Wow, these places still exist?" Granted, it's supposed to be a sports arena, not a dive bar, but since we only play one game there per year, I like it.

Comment

I think BC was kidding...?

Comment

We need a sarcasm font...
          #MACtion

Comment

Sevelev clearly knew that and practically acknowledged it in the first sentence... To be fair.

If Valpo can find a little success in the Valley, I'm sure it will be the first thing they do a major renovation for, much like Loyola with Gentile. I just don't think that's happening any time soon

Comment

Loyola is a thriving university in a giant metro area backed by an alumni full of doctors and lawyers, not to mention the entire Jesuit network.

Valpo is a tiny Lutheran college in rural Indiana that is currently cutting programs (including closing their law school) and hemorrhaging enrollment.
              #MACtion

Comment

I know I'm not the smartest person here, but I knew you were being sarcastic. Give me a little credit, come on.

Comment

In other news, Iowa Basketball has announced that from now on they will only play NCAA Tourney games in the state of Iowa or if they are pre-arranged by the B1G Conference.

Comment

Garza and Wisecamp have given the impression that Fran can coach.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                      Garza and Wisecamp have given the impression that Fran can coach.
                      Are we just gonna ignore the fact that he recruited them and they play in Fran's offense? And the younger guys on that team are showing huge potential too

Good grief the Iowa hate is beyond irrational on this forum

Comment

Or are we gonna ignore the fact that he had the best player in the nation FOR 2YEARS and the best he can do is 3rd regular season finish, semi finals big ten tournament, and win 1 game in the ncaa tourney.

Comment

After watching the Hawks vs. Oregon today, I think the Hawks could learn something from Loyola about playing defense. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
                            After watching the Hawks vs. Oregon today, I think the Hawks could learn something from Loyola about playing defense. Just sayin'.
                            No doubt! And recruiting athletic guards. They simply couldn't keep up

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that he recruited them and they play in Fran's offense? And the younger guys on that team are showing huge potential too

Good grief the Iowa hate is beyond irrational on this forum
                              Wisecamp was a Hawkeye fan and that was his reason for his choice. In Garza's case, I believe that Luka's father played for Fran back in the day and wanted his son to have the same experience. From all accounts, Garza is a nice and decent guy.

And if by "beyond irrational" you mean "rational," then ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
                                No defense, no speed, 3 starters that didn't score in the biggest game of the year.

Take Garza and Weiskamp off that team and they're chances of breaking a two decade streak of no sweet 16 births is low.
                                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X