WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Gonna be crazy. I'll summary the minute distribution very scientifically:

Green - Lots
    Born - Lots
    Berhow - Lots
    Carter - Lots
    Phyfe - Lots

Heise - Lots
    Pickford - Decent amount
    Kimmons - Decent amount
    Duax - Zero to very little
    Anderson - little
    Betz/Henry - 40 minus Phyfe
    Mar - Zero
    If Anderson is healthy all year, I feel like he’s going to get to decent amount. He just really impressed me on both ends. And I know minutes will be hard to come by.

Comment

• Sounds like the whole family is staying in CF. Makes me wonder if he’s thinking that he might return to UNI in a year or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
        Sounds like the whole family is staying in CF. Makes me wonder if he’s thinking that he might return to UNI in a year or so.
        According to the afternoon crew on KXNO, KG and Otz have been close friends for several years. I doubt he’s planning that contingency.

Comment

• Really excited to have Noah back!! What a great surprise this is.

Good luck and tons of thank you’s to Kyle Green.
          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

According to the afternoon crew on KXNO, KG and Otz have been close friends for several years. I doubt he’s planning that contingency.
            Ok. But it still seems to me that if Otz knows and trusts Kyle’s BBall knowledge and recruiting ability, this could be a very mutually beneficial thing, even if only for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by panther1 View Post
              I see that there are several U of Minnesota players in the Transfer Portal and it appears that Race Thompson from Minneapolis and currently at Indiana is in the portal. I seem to recall UNI recruiting Thompson in high school. He was a decent performer on a bad Indiana team. Has size, scores points and rebounds...
              I mean we'd certainly find somewhere to squeeze him in if he wanted to come, but I don't think we're going after anyone on the transfer market super hard now

Comment

• Those seniors still count towards 13 schollies right? Like we have no scholarships to work with right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Any coach worth his salt would never allow him back after this. Are you kidding me? There has to be a deterrent for this nonsense. If the player wants to take the gamble then knock yourself out, but coming back should never be an option
                  I am so damn glad Jake is our coach and not you. Glad to have Noah on the roster, he gives a whole different look size and skill wise from anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                    Those seniors still count towards 13 schollies right? Like we have no scholarships to work with right?
                    No, they are exempt from next year's count. Any players that are underclassmen taking extra years will count after next year. So 13 plus the seniors next year and then back to only 13 in '22-23

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                      Sounds like the whole family is staying in CF. Makes me wonder if he’s thinking that he might return to UNI in a year or so.
                      More likely that mom is staying here until Emerson is done with UNI and then they will move. I still think Kyle will look for a head coaching gig at that point.

Comment

• Pretty confused by the Carter situation. Not a fan of the idea to go into the portal just fishing for interest. I understand that unfortunately that may be the new thing but I find it shady if thats what was going on. That could very well turn into a new way for guys to get recruited in the middle of their college career if thats what was going on. Having said that, who knows what was going on or why he did it and pulled out so quickly. I for one thought the possibility of losing Carter was a pretty big deal. He's such a solid player and does a lot of things pretty well. His ability to hit shots is and was a game changer at times and I only expect more with his development. Really happy to have Carter back on the team with the rest of the guys who decided to come back. This team (as it appeared last year) could be very, very good.

Comment

• I know I’m likely the odd person out on this... and it pains me to say.

We will have essentially the exact same team we saw the first few games last season, less our top assistant plus a few true freshman (who will likely play little or sparingly). I don’t recall any of us being overly impressed. Granted, there is the theory AJ was playing injured. On paper we should be really, really good. That said, I’ll hold my optimism until I see some success on the court the first few games.

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                            I know I’m likely the odd person out on this... and it pains me to say.

We will have essentially the exact same team we saw the first few games last season, less our top assistant plus a few true freshman (who will likely play little or sparingly). I don’t recall any of us being overly impressed. Granted, there is the theory AJ was playing injured. On paper we should be really, really good. That said, I’ll hold my optimism until I see some success on the court the first few games.
                            Berhow not playing was a big factor. Also add in the development of the team and it seems like we've got a good chance at being very good. Im right with you on the disappointment of the start of the season but I think its clear looking back we were not 100%.

Comment

• One thing that really jumps out at me is all the experience we'll have next year. A former POY, two fifth year seniors who've each played 90+ career games, another guy who has started 84 at UNI, two sophomores who each started 20+ games their freshman season, plus another guy who finished last year very strong and may be starting next season. That doesn't even include Mar who has played 100 D1 games, and guys like Kimmons, Anderson and Duax who are young and have a ton of potential. As others have said, the thing that could really put this team over the top is another big coming in (which I think is unlikely) or Betz/Henry taking a big leap forward next season.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Will be interesting to hear from Kimmons about how he's been staying sharp over the last year since opting out. I hope he can shake the rust off quickly as he'll be a valuable part of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X