WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1994grad View Post
    Completely unrelated to the current discussion, but would UNI go after a guy like Xavier Foster?
    Jake isn't taking a guy with work ethic questions and even though he isn't being prosecuted something still happened.

Plus, Xavier claims he's going somewhere warm.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Matthew Bain had an article today and said he's hardly heard anything on us hitting the portal. He mentioned the kid from Norfolk, but sounds like it's pretty quiet - what's being reported at least.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
        Let's assume we get an athletic Director that can be organized enough to build a basketball practice facility. Where would it sit. Out West of Mcleod/the Dome? Somewhere else? Assume we raise the funds to build one better than Drake.

Here is a link to the renderings for the practice facility if you haven’t seen them. I do know there was a discussion in STL with a group of passionate donors interested in making the practice facility a reality. Still in the early stages but hopefully that gains traction

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

I don't know why this is all hush-hush unless they feel that if they start talking about it without a good base in the fund raising that it will get squashed by the BOR but that is purely speculation on my part. You paint my statements and questions like I'm a Harris defender, which I most certainly am not. I'm just one that thinks you need to direct the anger at the right areas and some of the things you are pointing out as AD failures simply are not. We can both agree that communications out of the athletic department are a clear and complete failure for everyone involved.
          This is getting away from basketball so forgive me. I’ve been curious about that myself. Originally it was supposed to be this spring and it got pushed back to update plans/renderings of the west concourse entry. I’ve heard they have secured millions in donations and are still trying lock in a multi-million donation and/or naming rights. I do know they have a priority list for the funds in the event they don’t raise all their funds. Unfortunately there are a lot of costly items before even getting to things like the sound system so I am really hopeful this capital campaign is successful. I will say it was good to see what the dome would look like with purple seats.

Comment

• Since COVID year makes everything super confusing I put this together for next year assuming everyone is back. I made this, let me know what I missed. So at leas 1 ride for this year I think plus another for the 2023 class after RJ
            Green, AJ Senior
            Heise, Nate Super SO
            Born, Bowen Super SO
            Phyfe, Austin Super SR
            Kimmons, Antwan Super JR
            Henry, Cole Super SO
            Anderson, Tytan Super SO
            Betz, James Super JR
            Wolf RS FR
            Duax RS FR
            Courbat RS FR
            Campbell FR

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
              Since COVID year makes everything super confusing I put this together for next year assuming everyone is back. I made this, let me know what I missed. So at leas 1 ride for this year I think plus another for the 2023 class after RJ
              Green, AJ Senior
              Heise, Nate Super SO
              Born, Bowen Super SO
              Phyfe, Austin Super SR
              Kimmons, Antwan Super JR
              Henry, Cole Super SO
              Anderson, Tytan Super SO
              Betz, James Super JR
              Wolf RS FR
              Duax RS FR
              Courbat RS FR
              Campbell FR
              That looks right. There's obviously no way that AJ uses his COVID year.

I could maybe see Betz moving on to open another one but I kind of doubt that too.
              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That looks right. There's obviously no way that AJ uses his COVID year.

I could maybe see Betz moving on to open another one but I kind of doubt that too.
                So would AJ actually get it? I assumed he cant use a medical RS and a COVID year for the same year? I just put SR because he would have gotten it anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

So would AJ actually get it? I assumed he cant use a medical RS and a COVID year for the same year? I just put SR because he would have gotten it anyways
                  everyone that was in college last season gets a covid year, period. You have all your normal eligibility plus the covid year.

In theory he could have multiple years left. He has a medical redshirt year left as well, technically

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

everyone that was in college last season gets a covid year, period. You have all your normal eligibility plus the covid year.

In theory he could have multiple years left. He has a medical redshirt year left as well, technically
                    lol, thats even dumber than I thought

Comment

• I think he should play as long as he can and break all of Maravich's records.

Can we acknowledge how completely stupid Maravich's records are? 3667 points in 3 years with no 3 point line. Averaged, AVERAGED, 44 per game. AVERAGED. Next best all time per game scoring average? Some dude named Oscar Robertson at 33.8.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

This is wrong. You can’t use the COVID year as a redshirt year. You either use it or you don’t. Thats why we played Ty at the end of the year. There was no reason not to. AJ only has one year of eligibility left.

He still has a redshirt available to him. In theory he could redshirt next year and come back the following year (he wont, but could in theory). But he does not have five years of eligibility just because he didn't play during the COVID season. That season basically didn't happen for eligibility purposes. It was either use or lose it.
                        Last edited by MVCBeat; 04-08-2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MVCBeat View Post

This is wrong. You can’t use the COVID year as a redshirt year. You either use it or you don’t. Thats why we played Ty at the end of the year. There was no reason not to. AJ only has one year of eligibility left.

He still has a redshirt available to him. In theory he could redshirt next year and come back the following year (he wont, but could in theory). But he does not have five years of eligibility just because he didn't play during the COVID season. That season basically didn't happen for eligibility purposes. It was either use or lose it.
                          That's not right. He doesn't get 'penalized' for being hurt during the COVID year. He is still entitled to a medical redshirt. Everybody's eligibility clock is extended one year.

I mean, it doesn't matter in any way with AJ but it's going to pop up somewhere where a guy gets a 7th year.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Virginia writer Justin Ferber is reporting we are playing Nov. 14th at UVA. Supposedly for $80,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That's not right. He doesn't get 'penalized' for being hurt during the COVID year. He is still entitled to a medical redshirt. Everybody's eligibility clock is extended one year.

I mean, it doesn't matter in any way with AJ but it's going to pop up somewhere where a guy gets a 7th year.
                              You’re right that it doesn’t matter, but you’re wrong otherwise. He doesn’t get to “pocket” a fifth year of eligibility. Yes, he is entitled to a medical redshirt and he hasn’t used it yet. He only has one year of eligibility remaining. I am 100% sure.

The idea for giving an extra year was that the 20-21 season was going to be a weird season with limited fans and weird cancellations and schedules. Some players could have health issues or wouldn’t feel safe. No one knew if there would be a postseason or what it would look like. So it was sort of a “we’ll do it but it isn’t going to count” situation. But you aren’t able to pocket that year and use it elsewhere.
                              Last edited by MVCBeat; 04-08-2022, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• The number of MVC players in the portal is frankly alarming:

UNI has the least number of players in the portal (1), which I think speaks volumes about our program. Some of these programs have their whole squads in the portal. Question is how many of them are going to land somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X