WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward

I saw Coach Jake is having a press conference as I type this, and included some news on our seniors, impacting the future.

Some end of season notes -- Tywhon Pickford and Goanar Mar are both returning. The coaching staff and Trae Berhow are going to have conversations about prospects in professional ranks. If there aren't any strong candidates, Berhow has indicated he would return
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
    I saw Coach Jake is having a press conference as I type this, and included some news on our seniors, impacting the future.

Some end of season notes -- Tywhon Pickford and Goanar Mar are both returning. The coaching staff and Trae Berhow are going to have conversations about prospects in professional ranks. If there aren't any strong candidates, Berhow has indicated he would return
    He also gave a pretty strong response to the game being canceled. Cannot fathom why the game was not played. As angry as he was Friday, even more ticked today.

Comment

Good to read about Tywhon and Goanar. Selfishly I hope Trae comes back as well, but I understand wanting to look at professional opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
        Good to read about Tywhon and Goanar. Selfishly I hope Trae comes back as well, but I understand wanting to look at professional opportunities.
        Yea, I feel like if Trae wants just any league, he's gone. If he wants a certain level of play, then maybe not. We're going to be pretty loaded if he's back though. We might just have line changes when it comes to subs. The entire Valley should be real good next year - Drake is returning everybody, Primm is back for MSU, who knows with Loyola, they have 5 seniors who contribute this year.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I truly think Berhows prospects will improve if he comes back another year. He's gonna show his value so much better with AJ back and surrounded by a more experienced team.

Huge news for Pickford and Mar. That's much needed veteran presence and strong defenders. I think Pickford is poised to have the year we always hoped from him.

​​

Comment

Where can I listen to the press conference?

Comment

What is the scholarship situation? Will we have more than 13 scholarship players with 2-3 coming back? Is the NCAA going to allow for more scholarships next year?

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
                What is the scholarship situation? Will we have more than 13 scholarship players with 2-3 coming back? Is the NCAA going to allow for more scholarships next year?
                Guys that would have graduated don't count against next year's cap. One year only exemption.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
                  What BC said, and we have 1 open yet. Although with 3 guys not counting towards the limit, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't fill it.

Senior - Phyfe, AJ
                  Junior - Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                  Sophomore - Heise, Born, Anderson, Henry
                  Freshmen - Duax, Wolf, Courbat

Comment

What BC said, and we have 1 open yet. Although with 3 guys not counting towards the limit, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't fill it.

Senior - Phyfe, AJ
                    Junior - Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                    Sophomore - Heise, Born, Anderson, Henry
                    Freshmen - Duax, Wolf, Courbat
                    I'd actually be shocked if we do. Another step to balancing classes and the budget is going to matter there.
                    #MACtion

Comment

You have to think these seniors have a chip on their shoulder about Friday. Maybe with getting A.J. back they feel they can go on a huge roll next year. Of course I can't blame any of them if they want to start getting paid.
                      "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

He also gave a pretty strong response to the game being canceled. Cannot fathom why the game was not played. As angry as he was Friday, even more ticked today.

UNI head coach Ben Jacobson was asked in a press conference today whether Friday's positive test that cancelled the UNI-Drake quarterfinal game was possibly a false positive. He replied, "With everything I know now, the game should've been played."
                        https://twitter.com/Dargan_Southard/...86243594346497

Coach Jacobson also added, "Anyone who advocated for the game not being played made a huge mistake."
                        https://twitter.com/Dargan_Southard/...87373833437187

Apparently, there is new information that has emerged-
                        Ben Jacobson on disappointment level following Arch Madness cancellation: "I thought it was high at 4:30 (on Friday) when I got the news. It's even higher now."
                        https://twitter.com/Dargan_Southard/...88385520607237

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Guys that would have graduated don't count against next year's cap. One year only exemption.
                          Everyone got a free year of eligibility right? Like this year never happened. But still have to be back down to 13 scholarships starting 2022-2023 season regardless?

Comment

Originally posted by Schack View Post
                            Coach Jacobson also added, "Anyone who advocated for the game not being played made a huge mistake."
                            https://twitter.com/Dargan_Southard/...87373833437187
                            This is an interesting statement. Sorta implies that he is hoping to hold them accountable.

Comment

Yea, I feel like if Trae wants just any league, he's gone. If he wants a certain level of play, then maybe not. We're going to be pretty loaded if he's back though. We might just have line changes when it comes to subs. The entire Valley should be real good next year - Drake is returning everybody, Primm is back for MSU, who knows with Loyola, they have 5 seniors who contribute this year.
                              I'm hoping we have the exact same team next year (with AJ and Kimmons back). We'll be so deep that all three freshmen should redshirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X