WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Carter news does make me wonder if the staff was aware this might be happening and that's why they were actively looking at some wings that are ready to contribute right away on the transfer market. This is a bummer, though. Noah has developed so much these first two years. A really talented kid. I hope he ends up somewhere where he can still be productive.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
      Noah Carter just entered the transfer portal... What is going on here?
      Wanted to be a consistent starter by now? More minutes?

Is this an indication that Trae is coming back, along with Ty? + Tytan developing.

Hate to see this - even though he is a "tweener" Noah has a lot of talent.

Comment

Wow, I did not see that coming.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Oh no...

Don't like to see that.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
            Oh no...

Don't like to see that.
            Yeah.

It's one thing for Evan Guager to transfer out (and more power to him), but Carter is a totally different and much more concerning development.

Comment

Ugh, that is unfortunate

Comment

My hope is that he's just looking for more minutes and that probably wasn't possible here next year.

This is the first transfer that played significant minutes that I can remember for a long time.

I hope he finds what he's looking for.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  My hope is that he's just looking for more minutes and that probably wasn't possible here next year.

This is the first transfer that played significant minutes that I can remember for a long time.

I hope he finds what he's looking for.
                  He was a starter, averaging almost 28 min, scoring double figures. Cant see how playing time could be an issue.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

He was a starter, averaging almost 28 min, scoring double figures. Cant see how playing time could be an issue.
                    Playing time wasn't an issue this last season, but a healthy AJ (knock on wood) next season could potentially make playing time an issue going forward.

I think BC is right though; up until now just about everyone who transferred out was someone who didn't get a whole lot of minutes. Hopefully this is just an aberration.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

Playing time wasn't an issue this last season, but a healthy AJ (knock on wood) next season could potentially make playing time an issue going forward.

I think BC is right though; up until now just about everyone who transferred out was someone who didn't get a whole lot of minutes. Hopefully this is just an aberration.
                      AJ wasn’t going to affect Noah at all. He was likely going to be starting at the 4 spot next year regardless.
                      UNI FIGHT

Comment

• Maybe the Madsens are coming....
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Like BC said the first significant transfer out in a long time. Let's hope this isn't just the first piece of more to come. Loved Noah's game. Great passion and energy on the court. He was a great personality that the team seemed to feed off of. I had the opportunity to work with him last year at the MLK day of service and he was a very genuine, humble young man. I wish him well where ever he lands but am disappointed to see him go.
                          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            Maybe the Madsens are coming....
                            I was just thinking, I really hope we get them. Gabe would be able to fill that role well. He's 6'5", but not near as thick. He is a scorer, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

I was just thinking, I really hope we get them. Gabe would be able to fill that role well. He's 6'5", but not near as thick. He is a scorer, though.
                              Yeah, who is recruiting them? The coach that interviewed at Minnesota or the coach that interviewed at Iowa State?
                              UNI FIGHT

Comment

• Losing Noah sucks. I loved his potential but at the same time it is still that, potential.

If it is a sign or more transfers then really ugh.

But hopefully we hear Trae is back soon. And a transfer in..

Comment

Working...
                                X