WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Absolutely not. He's never recruited. He needs to go low major or DII if he wants to make it. We don't need to give him on the job training just because he's in the family.
    Agreed and that sucks to say. We need some outside life IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Agreed and that sucks to say. We need some outside life IMO
      We absolutely do. It's pretty incestuous right now. Go get young guy with a good recruiting history.
      #MACtion

Comment

• Great news about AJ. Lets get us some bodies.

Btw, I read that they’re expecting 1000-1200 DI MBB kids in the transfer portal this year. If thats true thats 25% of all scholarship kids. Not everyone is going to find what they’re looking for. Its entirely possible Carter did it with the blessing of Coach to test the water with the option of returning still on the table. Anything is possible. These kids have gone through a lot this year and this generation is different even than the millennials. You gotta handle them differently. That isnt good or bad it just is. In the end they’re 18-22 year olds who have had to make a lot of sacrifices. Taking a hard line attitude isn’t going to get you very far.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
          Great news about AJ. Lets get us some bodies.

Btw, I read that they’re expecting 1000-1200 DI MBB kids in the transfer portal this year. If thats true thats 25% of all scholarship kids. Not everyone is going to find what they’re looking for. Its entirely possible Carter did it with the blessing of Coach to test the water with the option of returning still on the table. Anything is possible. These kids have gone through a lot this year and this generation is different even than the millennials. You gotta handle them differently. That isnt good or bad it just is. In the end they’re 18-22 year olds who have had to make a lot of sacrifices. Taking a hard line attitude isn’t going to get you very far.
          It also shows how much the sit out year stops kids from transferring

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

It also shows how much the sit out year stops kids from transferring
            100% accurate and was just discussing that this weekend.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

It is not difficult to understand, unless you happen to be a complete moron.

Putting certain posters on "ignore" does nothing to keep them from continuing to write on this forum.
              All part of my trying to exactly figger out what "cancel culture" is, much like my struggle with understanding what a "troll" is.

In both cases, those who decry both things seem to do both things, which just throws this moron (your name calling word) for a loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                Great news about AJ. Lets get us some bodies.

You are spot on with these kids need to be handled differently than past generations. The rub I have is if a kid enters the transfer portal, the coach should have the ability to go out and recruit someone to fill that spot immediately. If the spot is filled, sorry, no open scholarships. Needs to be a two-way street.

Comment

• I hope that Coach and Carter have an understanding and are communicating in this regard. But who knows.

Comment

Absolutely not. He's never recruited. He needs to go low major or DII if he wants to make it. We don't need to give him on the job training just because he's in the family.
                    I didn't say it was a good move but is still what I'm expecting to happen. The program absolutely needs outside perspective.
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Noah Carter has removed his name from the transfer portal and will return.

Today. Today is a good day.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• That is incredible and surprising news, didn't get the quick bites he was hoping for from bigger programs?

Or did Berhow tell the team he was gone and saw his role get bigger?

I'd still love to be a fly on the wall to know what went down with all that.

Comment

Noah Carter has removed his name from the transfer portal and will return.

Today. Today is a good day.
                          Let's have more of these days

Comment

• Wow... I am shocked but totally thrilled. While Kyle leaving takes probably our best assistant coach off the bench, it opens an opportunity for some fresh perspectives (hopefully) and keeps our best player (AJ), brings back Noah, and keeps Emerson with the women's team. Just awesome.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• This is the best day for Panther basketball in like a year and we still lost our second in command lol. Still, of all the news that came out today, this is arguably best case scenario.

Comment

• Berhow returning also. Very, very good day.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X