WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake just needs to play a real schedule. That's all I ask. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt this year but....

Comment

• Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
      I feel the Berhow news is being underweighted a little. Amongst everything else, this is really good too.
      Not just as an exceptional player, but as a floor leader for younger guys. We need players like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
        Drake just needs to play a real schedule. That's all I ask. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt this year but....
        Exactly this. Can't play what they played and help the rest of the league in a normal year.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Another Badger center is transferring (Hedstrom? We might have recruited him initially). I am all for taking him and getting another big body.

Comment

Drake just needs to play a real schedule. That's all I ask. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt this year but....
            They'll have to decide if they want to sweat out an at large bubble pick like last year or be big boys and actually prove themselves in the OOC and play for a competitive seed.

I read some excuses on the MVC fans page saying it's not their fault good teams don't want to play them. I call BS. There is absolutely no excuse for having a 300-400 range SOS rank for 2 years straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

They'll have to decide if they want to sweat out an at large bubble pick like last year or be big boys and actually prove themselves in the OOC and play for a competitive seed.

I read some excuses on the MVC fans page saying it's not their fault good teams don't want to play them. I call BS. There is absolutely no excuse for having a 300-400 range SOS rank for 2 years straight.
              At least they beat all the bad teams by a lot which the NET rewards. So in that sense they did it right

Comment

Another Badger center is transferring (Hedstrom? We might have recruited him initially). I am all for taking him and getting another big body.
                It doesn't look like we did, but the kid is 7'0". It looks like he was offered by Utah and a random collection of mid-majors. Wisconsin gave him a 4 for 5 deal. Unless the coaching staff really thinks Betz and Henry are true bigs to back up Phyfe, I just don't see how you don't attempt to add a true big. Our non conference really showed how much Phyfe struggled against true bigs. I really like Phyfe as a player, but 6'9" playing under the rim doesn't work unless you have incredible footwork and athleticism against guys that are close to 7'0". I understand that Bassey and Queta were two of the better big men in college basketball that he had to start his year against, so that might have just made my point moot the more I think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

It doesn't look like we did, but the kid is 7'0". It looks like he was offered by Utah and a random collection of mid-majors. Wisconsin gave him a 4 for 5 deal. Unless the coaching staff really thinks Betz and Henry are true bigs to back up Phyfe, I just don't see how you don't attempt to add a true big. Our non conference really showed how much Phyfe struggled against true bigs. I really like Phyfe as a player, but 6'9" playing under the rim doesn't work unless you have incredible footwork and athleticism against guys that are close to 7'0". I understand that Bassey and Queta were two of the better big men in college basketball that he had to start his year against, so that might have just made my point moot the more I think about it.
                  I agree. Hopefully Betz or someone else can get better defensively. It's scary when Phyfe is out.

Comment

• Article in the WCF Courier I'm too lazy to find the link to again, talked to AJ about somethings. Reaffirmed that UNI is home, but he's not for sure saying that he'll be here as a senior, it depends on what feedback he gets from the NBA. Which, fair. He also talked about how his recovery is going smoothly, he's up to the point where he's shooting stationary 15 ft jumpers. All according to schedule on that front, no reason to expect that he won't be good to go in the fall.

Comment

• Ryan James from Prep Hoops Minnesota is reporting that Tyree Ihenacho has heard from us along with Drake, SIU, UNLV and a bunch of other mid majorish schools. He is a 6'4" grad transfer guard from North Dakota. I think our contact came before everyone clarified they were coming back, but he is a talented kid. He was freshman of the year in the Summit.
                      Last edited by PantherAlum09; 03-31-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Nunge transferring from Iowa to be closer to home. Evansville like 15 minutes from his hometown I think. Would be a big add for the Valley. No idea how likely though

Comment

Nunge transferring from Iowa to be closer to home. Evansville like 15 minutes from his hometown I think. Would be a big add for the Valley. No idea how likely though
                          Yeah. He is a solid player, and that seems like it would be a logical fit for him. Even Lickliter is there!

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                            Article in the WCF Courier I'm too lazy to find the link to again, talked to AJ about somethings. Reaffirmed that UNI is home, but he's not for sure saying that he'll be here as a senior, it depends on what feedback he gets from the NBA. Which, fair. He also talked about how his recovery is going smoothly, he's up to the point where he's shooting stationary 15 ft jumpers. All according to schedule on that front, no reason to expect that he won't be good to go in the fall.
                            NBA. Just wow

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

NBA. Just wow
                              I'm going to give you 5 names. You tell me which one is universally considered the best NBA prospect.

Luka Garza
                              Austin Reaves
                              Marcus Garrett
                              Andre Curbelo
                              AJ Green
                              #MACtion

Comment

• The NBA talk is always a little weird, given where things sit at the moment. I think the potential is there, and I would love to see him get paid --- because that would mean he would have had one hell of a 2021-22 season. If he has another good season like 2019-20, that's great too. But I'm not convinced it's a jump to the NBA kind of situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X