WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madsen's are still a pair with one being a high major caliber player, with a twin brother who is a D2 quality player that the family thinks needs a scholarship as well. Unless a school has a bunch of open rides they could be tough sell.

Comment

• I can say that I have a direct connection to the Madsen family. I'll do what I can.

Comment

• Robert Jones to Iowa State.

Comment

• Roy Williams retires. Texas, hires TTU's Chris Beard. Hubert Davis to UNC?
          Last edited by BrockLesnar; 04-01-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Jim Boeheim to retire next?
            Last edited by BrockLesnar; 04-02-2021, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Fred Hoiberg to TTU?

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                The Madsen's are still a pair with one being a high major caliber player, with a twin brother who is a D2 quality player that the family thinks needs a scholarship as well. Unless a school has a bunch of open rides they could be tough sell.
                Mason played a lot for Cincinatti last year. When they were initially a package deal, it was a huge deterrent because Gabe was thought so much more highly of than Mason, but Mason improved a ton his senior year. Mason could definitely play in the Valley. He averaged over 6.5 points 3 rebounds and over an assist in just under 20 minutes a game last year at Cincy. Don't be surprised if they both end up at ISU with Coach Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                  Roy Williams retires. Texas, hires TTU's Chris Beard. Hubert Davis to UNC?
                  Carolina is the best job in college basketball. They'll shoot for the stars and try to get Mark Few or Jay Wright but in the end I agree that it will either be Hubert Davis or Wes Miller. Just hard to see them going outside the family nor should they.
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Well, Gabe Madsen has committed to Utah with new coach Craig Smith. Gabe is a pure scorer, so it's kind of an interesting fit. Craig Smith teams are consistently towards the top of the country in defensive efficiency. Maybe Gabe is a better defensive player than I imagine. It will be interesting if Mason ends up there, too, but I don't think they were one of the teams mentioned that contacted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                      Fred Hoiberg to TTU?

Lincoln or Lubbock? What a choice!

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        Nunge transferring from Iowa to be closer to home. Evansville like 15 minutes from his hometown I think. Would be a big add for the Valley. No idea how likely though
                        He ended up picking Xavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by JD720 View Post

He ended up picking Xavier.
                          He's still a very good player so seems like a good fit. And about hours from home for him. So makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                            Well, Gabe Madsen has committed to Utah with new coach Craig Smith. Gabe is a pure scorer, so it's kind of an interesting fit. Craig Smith teams are consistently towards the top of the country in defensive efficiency. Maybe Gabe is a better defensive player than I imagine. It will be interesting if Mason ends up there, too, but I don't think they were one of the teams mentioned that contacted him.
                            I worked on them to come here, but no interest, for one primary reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

I worked on them to come here, but no interest, for one primary reason.
                              Well if even you couldn’t make it happen we never had a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post

Well if even you couldn’t make it happen we never had a chance.
                                In fairness, no, I don't have any real "pull" with them, but I do have a direct family connection to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X