WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

I think so too. I'm not ready to write him off but he needs to bust butt over the summer. You are exactly right that he is a better athlete than Luke was and he has a better body type to really be a physical presence in the post.
    Cole needs to fake the handoff on the wing and drive to the rim more often. He'll never be a shooter but if he's a threat to drive he will reduce the congestion around the arc for our guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
      Chatman is a massive **** no for about 100 reasons.

He was a **** no when he left UMASS and his time at ISU played out exactly why he was a **** no.
      Not sure I’m following… hasn’t he been injured?

Comment

• Chatman was actually playing very well last year and had some massive games. Seemed like he had figured some things out, but then he tore his ACL. I'd imagine that will certainly hurt his interest in the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

If it is a "UNI" guy I would think Jake Koch more likely. But I agree that this will most likely be an external hire. No idea who though.
          An AD friend of mine told me Jake Koch is now working as a sales rep for Iowa Sports Supply. He's not listed on the staff roster at UNO

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose39 View Post

An AD friend of mine told me Jake Koch is now working as a sales rep for Iowa Sports Supply. He's not listed on the staff roster at UNO
            Good call, Looks like they just updated. he was on the 21-22 staff or website at least

Comment

• The head coach, and thus entire staff, was let go March 7th

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                The head coach, and thus entire staff, was let go March 7th
                That would explain it. ha. Ill admit I dont follow UNO that closely

Comment

• Iowa assistant Billy Taylor is going to Elon to be the head coach. Doesn't mean much for UNI, other than it's an additional opening in the state.

Comment

• It hasn't been officially announced yet by Iowa State, but UNI's Crawford has been hired for one of their open assistant jobs, as has been rumored on PN for some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                      It hasn't been officially announced yet by Iowa State, but UNI's Crawford has been hired for one of their open assistant jobs, as has been rumored on PN for some time.
                      Yes. His wife posted their house for sale on Facebook today.
                      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Well, to fuel the fire, Tywhon, Trae and AJ were honored at the end of season banquet. Does this mean Phyfe will likely be back and AJ is likely gone?

Eliot Clough says not so fast...

​​​​​https://twitter.com/EliotClough/stat...lNNvv6hbg&s=19

I don't even know what to think at this point.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• More stunning ineptitude by the Athletic Department. There's no way you let that picture out and then try to backtrack and say it doesn't mean anything.

Take the two seconds to have AJ step out and take a picture of the other two.

Thinking nobody would read anything into it just shows how incredibly little they think of their fan base. Sickening.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            Well, to fuel the fire, Tywhon, Trae and AJ were honored at the end of season banquet. Does this mean Phyfe will likely be back and AJ is likely gone?

Eliot Clough says not so fast...

​​​​​https://twitter.com/EliotClough/stat...lNNvv6hbg&s=19

I don't even know what to think at this point.
                            I’m guessing he doesn’t really know yet. I’d assume he’d enter the formal NBA Draft evaluation process, like last year. I believe he has until June 1st to make a stay or go decision , and the NBA draft combine is roughly the third week in May if he’s invited. I can’t remember, but I think the players get their draft evaluation feedback back sometime in May. I remember reading or hearing that he plans to get that feedback prior to making a decision, which makes sense.

Comment

• It's just unfortunate. Why would you post a pick with 3 of the 4 lol. Do 2 or 4.

Assume AJ is gone and Phyfe is back until you hear otherwise.

Comment

• May 1 is when we'll know. You have to enter the portal by then to be eligible to play without sitting.

​​​​​​
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X