WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evansville fired Todd Lickliter.

On May 5th.

After the coaching carousel has been settled.

After the transfer deadline.

I'm guessing it's LaVall Jordan, who's Todd Lickliter in flashier packaging.
    #MACtion

Comment

• New athletic director.

Comment

• They do have an extended transfer deadline due to the coaching change, I believe I saw it's into July now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
          They do have an extended transfer deadline due to the coaching change, I believe I saw it's into July now.
          The two pieces that were actually DI players already transferred lol.

Sisley to Wright State and Newton to SIU.
          #MACtion

Comment

• We're good at wrestling, softball, and women's basketball. The rest is average. We have good coaches, but everyone knows their playbook. They tend to also hire assistants that think like them. Hence, a lack of new ideas. Our facilities are sub par. No outside football stadium and won't be in my lifetime. No practice floor for basketball/volleyball. We stopped playing baseball in 2009. Our athletic department doesn't give a fat rat's a$$. I project football to be 7-4, but could go 0-11. Who knows about UND and Dixie State. I'm fully ready for massive disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
              We're good at wrestling, softball, and women's basketball. The rest is average. We have good coaches, but everyone knows their playbook. They tend to also hire assistants that think like them. Hence, a lack of new ideas. Our facilities are sub par. No outside football stadium and won't be in my lifetime. No practice floor for basketball/volleyball. We stopped playing baseball in 2009. Our athletic department doesn't give a fat rat's a$$. I project football to be 7-4, but could go 0-11. Who knows about UND and Dixie State. I'm fully ready for massive disappointment.
              Wut?

Kaboom
              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                We're good at wrestling, softball, and women's basketball. The rest is average. We have good coaches, but everyone knows their playbook. They tend to also hire assistants that think like them. Hence, a lack of new ideas. Our facilities are sub par. No outside football stadium and won't be in my lifetime. No practice floor for basketball/volleyball. We stopped playing baseball in 2009. Our athletic department doesn't give a fat rat's a$$. I project football to be 7-4, but could go 0-11. Who knows about UND and Dixie State. I'm fully ready for massive disappointment.
                Someones celebrating Cinco De Mayo a little too hard.

Comment

• Someone recently found the end of the 10m board and yolo’d head first without looking to see that there is water in the pool.

Comment

• It's been like two hours and I'm still trying to process 'no outside football stadium'.

I mean, if we moved back outside our attendance would look like Western Illinois after the middle of October.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post

Someones celebrating Cinco De Mayo a little too hard.
                      Yes, I have. The food was great too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        It's been like two hours and I'm still trying to process 'no outside football stadium'.

I mean, if we moved back outside our attendance would look like Western Illinois after the middle of October.
                        The November and December games would freeze out the opponents. I don't care how many fans show up. Neither does the AD.
                        Last edited by BrockLesnar; 05-05-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• I'm not gonna lie, I've often thought about watching UNI play outdoors. The dome is nice, but sometimes I think about enjoying that bone-chilling weather while watching the game. Whenever I get these feelings, I go watch a high school game with similar conditions that I fantasize about. That feeling lasts maybe 10 minutes before it's replaced with "Oh holy ****ing **** this **** is so god **** cold this sucks ****, thank **** for the dome."

Comment

• Cap'n Cat must have returned in a new form if there are again calls for an outdoor stadium. Hard pass here.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• hold on, let me go get Michael Scott for this one...

"NOOO, GOD! NO, GOD, PLEASE, NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
                              - Michael Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                                I'm not gonna lie, I've often thought about watching UNI play outdoors. The dome is nice, but sometimes I think about enjoying that bone-chilling weather while watching the game. Whenever I get these feelings, I go watch a high school game with similar conditions that I fantasize about. That feeling lasts maybe 10 minutes before it's replaced with "Oh holy ****ing **** this **** is so god **** cold this sucks ****, thank **** for the dome."
                                All of this.

Anybody that's ever made a late year trip to Western or Illinois State knows how great the Dome is. Sitting with 800 people in the freezing cold is fun for about 2 minutes.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X