WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Agree that Cole has a big part to play.

When Carter went to the 5 spot Cole's minutes went away.

When he was getting significant minutes he was playing pretty damn well. When he was getting just a couple minutes a game he seemed to be pressing too much.

​​​​​
    I'm hoping he can see a least 15 minutes a night this season. We'll know what he needs to work on.

Comment

• Game experience: Born, Heise, Anderson, Phyfe, Henry, Betz, Daniel, and Krogman.

Redshirts: Duax, Wolf, and Courbat.

True Freshman: Campbell, Peksari, Miller, and Jacobson.

PPG us vs opponents?

Comment

• You know, I think this team will be alright especially if Phyfe is back and somewhere near his pre-Covid form. Duax will be one of the top newcomers, Wolf will contribute. Some on this group have been down on Courbat but he will be solid in the future if not right away. Either Campbell or Peksari will be a pleasant surprise next year. This is a reload job, more than a rebuild.

Comment

• This NBA draft just got interesting. Jake LaRavia, formerly of Indiana St just got drafted 19th overall. Timberwolves drafted him and appear to be trading him to Memphis.

Comment

• Well, as expected AJ didn't get drafted. I heard a draft expert say a couple weeks ago that he'd be surprised if AJ went to bed without a contract.
            We'll see.

Comment

• I would have been shocked if he was drafted with only two rounds. Used to be 10 rounds. Now the fun begins.

Comment

• Congratulations AJ, a Milwaukee Buck. Haven’t seen the contract details.

Comment

• Looks like it’s most likely a summer league deal. Bucks can sign him if they want after or he can be a free agent again. A good opportunity for him nonetheless.

Comment

• Nevermind! AJ got himself a two way deal. That’s so awesome for him. Let’s go!

Comment

• Getting a 2 way deal is huge. Hopefully he makes the most out of it.

Comment

• There were some people online questioning, or making fun of, his decision to skip ISU in pursuit of a pro career. Based on how AJ seems to carry himself, I doubt he cared or even noticed. But it's cool to see someone bet on himself like this, contrary to popular opinion, and have it pay off.

A long term NBA career is still going to be an uphill battle, but it's now likely that he spends some time in the NBA. Just about every college basketball player dreams about that but few accomplish it. For selfish reasons, I'm so glad he's going to do that as an ex-Panther and not as something else.
                        Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

• Way to go AJ! Go get'em!

Comment

• IDK his contract, but two-way usually about half the league minimum. I think the minimum is around $1 million a season. So, he starts at $500,000.
                            Last edited by BrockLesnar; 06-24-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• The way I understand it is while he's playing for a G-League team, he will make around $37,000 a year and if he gets the call to the big club he'll be making about $1mil a year on a weekly pro-rated basis. So if my understanding of the deal is right, he would get around $19,000 per week while he's with the NBA club. Am I missing something here or is this close to the facts?
                              "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
                                The way I understand it is while he's playing for a G-League team, he will make around $37,000 a year and if he gets the call to the big club he'll be making about $1mil a year on a weekly pro-rated basis. So if my understanding of the deal is right, he would get around $19,000 per week while he's with the NBA club. Am I missing something here or is this close to the facts?
                                Nope. He's guaranteed 50% of the league minimum while he's signed to the two way. He makes the $502k wherever he's playing. If they call him up for more than 50 days, that doubles and he's guaranteed the league minimum.

Your version used to be correct and they changed it a couple years ago so that teams couldn't screw over players.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X