WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistant Coach Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa St hired an assistant coach from Colorado St. This might mean AJ moving into a bigger role by staying put at CSU. May make it that much more unlikely that he will be a candidate at UNI.
    "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

It was a long shot anyways, tbf, but yeah, that's the nail in that particular coffin.

Comment

Rima on Miller and Condon radio show today mentioned that he thought Tuttle would get the assistants job.
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

I've no doubt that Tuttle could be a good big-man coach, he's not someone who was born great, he had to learn how to be great. But, as others have mentioned, he's never done any recruiting. To have him replace the "Recruiting coordinator" is...a questionable decision, at best.

Comment

I suspect PJ Hogan would become the recruiting coordinator if Tut moves up.

Pretty normal and predictable progression with career moves for everyone.

How you'd expect Jake to handle it.

We'll see if that's what happens.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              I suspect PJ Hogan would become the recruiting coordinator if Tut moves up.

Pretty normal and predictable progression with career moves for everyone.

How you'd expect Jake to handle it.

We'll see if that's what happens.
              I’d heard that Eric Crawford is really active in recruiting, as in the face of the program to several players we’ve signed. That doesn’t mean he’s automatically the coordinator now, but it’s another name to consider.

Comment

Hiring Tut would be pretty disappointing. We have the resources to get someone with alot of experience.

To be fair, we also don't see inside the team enough to know what kind of impact Tuttle is making. It's possible that a few years down the road we'd regret not getting him to stick around.

Comment

I don't think Rima would have any inside info here but who knows. If Jake thinks he is the best candidate then you hire him but it does come across as a lazy hire on the surface.

Nothing against Tuttle, he will always be a legend here.

Comment

Kevin Lehman was on Cole's show and he thought the same thing, assuming Lansing says no. He agreed that Lansing has to be the first call.
                    #MACtion

Comment

To be fair, you need to start someplace. Ali went from like Player Development at Nebraska to an assistant at Drake. Similar but maybe a little different since it was an outside hire.

Comment

Roy Williams is retiring so maybe? would he have enough recruiting connections???

Comment

Tuttle would probably be good working with the big men, which was one of Greens duties.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                            Roy Williams is retiring so maybe? would he have enough recruiting connections???
                            Meh, may not even be the best recruiter within a 12 mile radius of his current location.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                              Nah, he still has a whole bunch of term papers yet to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

Nah, he still has a whole bunch of term papers yet to finish.
                                Nice... LOL

I would like to hear Clem Haskin's take on that situation. Interesting how one program gets away with it and another not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X