WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistant Coach Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think the fact that it has taken this long indicates a real search. I'll still be surprised if it doesn't come back to Seth but the fact that we appear to be looking is a great thing.
    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      it's Ali hitting the big shot and knocking off Kansas.
      And, therein lies precisely why we pay $1 million/year: a coach that has won two games; Kansas and North Carolina. Outside, of that, that's all she wrote, folks. That's been my pernt from the get-go: it's all perception and having "the look."

I'll take Big Dance appearance year after year and advancing in that tournament, compared to occasional appearances, almost always resulting in a first or second round loss.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

All well and good, but their percentages are not based on that sample. Furthermore, would could selectively choose from within any ten year span to make that percentage look higher.

Nope, just using the basic stertistercal calcutation that is used to determine a coach's winning percentage.
        Using the last 10 years is “selective” lol ok, bud.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post
          And, therein lies precisely why we pay $1 million/year: a coach that has won two games; Kansas and North Carolina. Outside, of that, that's all she wrote, folks. That's been my pernt from the get-go: it's all perception and having "the look."

I'll take Big Dance appearance year after year and advancing in that tournament, compared to occasional appearances, almost always resulting in a first or second round loss.
          You're talking like 12-15 programs in the country, tops. And they're paying a helluva lot more than $1M per year. Way to keep those expectations realistic, boss, as you continue to compare apples and Volkswagens.

#MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Using the last 10 years is “selective” lol ok, bud.
            It certainly could be, which is why the proper calcutation is the one that the UNI athletic department-and everyone else-uses.

Therefore, science shows us 66% compared to 61% Which is closer to "mediocracy?"
            Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 04-08-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Won "two" games? That is so dishonestly obtuse I don't know where to begin. So UNLV in the tourney didn't count? A historic Top 10 ranking in 2015? A double-digit NCAA win in 2015? Jesperson's half-court heave to beat higher-seeded Texas in 2016? Regular-season conference championships & conference championship game victories? Multiple wins over Creighton and WSU, who both went "big time" shortly after? A regular-season conference title (and 25 wins) LAST YEAR?

C'mon, you're just being ridiculous now (well, you were being ridiculous long before that, but especially so with that comment).
              Last edited by 95UNIGRAD; 04-08-2021, 12:11 PM.
              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
              - George Halas

Comment

If Coach Jake’s resume can be reduced to “2 wins”, I absolutely would love to hear what Farley’s notable accomplishments are, and why he deserves to be the highest paid coach in FCS football.

No conference titles in 11 years, no title game appearance in 16 years, no semifinal appearance in 13 years.
                UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  If Coach Jake’s resume can be reduced to “2 wins”, I absolutely would love to hear what Farley’s notable accomplishments are, and why he deserves to be the highest paid coach in FCS football.

No conference titles in 11 years, no title game appearance in 16 years, no semifinal appearance in 13 years.
                  haha, No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                    Won "two" games? That is so dishonestly obtuse I don't know where to begin. So UNLV in the tourney didn't count? A historic Top 10 ranking in 2015? A double-digit NCAA win in 2015? Jesperson's half-court heave to beat higher-seeded Texas in 2016? Regular-season conference championships & conference championship game victories? Multiple wins over Creighton and WSU, who both went "big time" shortly after? A regular-season conference title (and 25 wins) LAST YEAR?

C'mon, you're just being ridiculous now (well, you were being ridiculous long before that, but especially so with that comment).
                    Yep, two big wins, and a sweet 16 (one of the wins came then). Aside from that, Farley has outperformed him on nearly every level, yet, curiously, everyone calls for his job, while lauding Jacobson as a coaching genius with a 61% winning percentage.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Hey! He beat some really bad Iowa State teams!

I'm not even really anti-Farley but this whole thing is absurd to think he's a better coach than Jake.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

But, semi-finals appearances (Jacobson has none), national championship appearances (Jacobson has none), makes the post-season every year (Jacobson does not), and has woin 66% of his games, Jacobson has not.

Two wins, my friend. Two wins that we pay $1 million for. makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Hey! He beat some really bad Iowa State teams!

I'm not even really anti-Farley but this whole thing is absurd to think he's a better coach than Jake.
                          Unfortunately, EVERY category shows us so. It's all perception, my friend. which is why I'm so fascinated by it and the collective herd.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Unfortunately, EVERY category shows us so. It's all perception, my friend. which is why I'm so fascinated by it and the collective herd.
                            This is not true. Has been pointed out to you multiple times. We get it. You like Farley a lot and don't like Jake. Totally fine. But you are literally just making up stuff now. FCS semifinals vs NCAA semi finals? Come on.

And we all know you are trolling. It is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

But, semi-finals appearances (Jacobson has none), national championship appearances (Jacobson has none), makes the post-season every year (Jacobson does not), and has woin 66% of his games, Jacobson has not.

Two wins, my friend. Two wins that we pay $1 million for. makes sense to me!
                              You are an absolute moron.
                              UNI FIGHT

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

This is not true. Has been pointed out to you multiple times. We get it. You like Farley a lot and don't like Jake. Totally fine. But you are literally just making up stuff now. FCS semifinals vs NCAA semi finals? Come on.

And we all know you are trolling. It is ok.
                                I absolutely despise trolling and the trolls that do it.

This particular dumbf*ck is quite terrible at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X