WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistant Coach Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant Coach Opening

Will be interesting to see what we do?
    • Will anyone get Associate Head Coach title? If so do we promote from within?
    • Do we have an external hire or promote from within? (Tuttle)
    • IMO, the home run hire is Lansing but seems like a long shot.
    Personally, I would lean towards an outside hire, get some new life in the program. We shall see.

So we’re just going to ignore the elephant in the room then?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
      So we’re just going to ignore the elephant in the room then?
      AJ? Leaving that to the other thread

Comment

AJ Officially staying. So.

You have to hear 'No' from Lansing. It's your first call and probably a quick one but you have to talk to him. He's the only guy that would get the 'Associate Head Coach' title.

Tuttle isn't ready. He's never been in a recruiting role. I'd prefer a low major or DII give him that opportunity.

Jake has more contacts than any of us could possibly imagine. I'd like to see a guy with a solid recruiting background.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

AJ? Leaving that to the other thread
          Didnt even see that. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            AJ Officially staying. So.

You have to hear 'No' from Lansing. It's your first call and probably a quick one but you have to talk to him. He's the only guy that would get the 'Associate Head Coach' title.

Tuttle isn't ready. He's never been in a recruiting role. I'd prefer a low major or DII give him that opportunity.

Jake has more contacts than any of us could possibly imagine. I'd like to see a guy with a solid recruiting background.
            Yea, After Lansing I have absolutely no clue who it could be.

Comment

Bring Brian Jones home? maybe? No clue his current salary

Comment

Possible candidates...off the cuff

- Tut (I think he's a candidate)
                - Ali (if he wants to get back to Iowa with his family)
                - Chris Foster
                - Jeff Horner (HC at Truman State and ex D1 assistant)

I'm sure Jake has a lot of contacts and potential candidates. But would not be surprised at all if it's a hire that has ties to the program.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                  Possible candidates...off the cuff

- Tut (I think he's a candidate)
                  - Ali (if he wants to get back to Iowa with his family)
                  - Chris Foster
                  - Jeff Horner (HC at Truman State and ex D1 assistant)

I'm sure Jake has a lot of contacts and potential candidates. But would not be surprised at all if it's a hire that has ties to the program.
                  Probably unrealistic but Ali would be a grand slam hire imo. He is a rising star.

Comment

I looked up Ali's salary. At least 160k so not happening. Imo

Comment

I looked up Ali's salary. At least 160k so not happening. Imo
                      Well how much are you going to pay Lansing? If that's the case, Tuttle is probably the only real option.
                      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Sign me up! I'll have us shooting higher percentage shots in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

Well how much are you going to pay Lansing? If that's the case, Tuttle is probably the only real option.
                          Lansing is extremely experienced and unemployed.

Comment

Lansing is extremely experienced and unemployed.
                            If you can't pay Ali $160K, do you think you are getting Lansing for less than that?
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

We'll pay the new assistant $90-100k. I'd imagine there might be a bit more for a Lansing type.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X