WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supporting our players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

How about buying several hundred shirts and donating them to Salvation Army upon receipt? That will be one way NIL works.

Hopefully this all works out for the players involved. I agree with others. Staging and running a camp is some great real world experience, and hopefully they made lots of cash.
    Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post

There are probably going to be thousands of tee-shirts for random SEC players that you've never heard of that eventually wind up in the hands of impoverished 3rd world citizens.
    Perhaps to some of the same people who make the shirts.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
      Sure, but I would pay 50$ for a signed one. If I knew that I was one of many, I'd pay 100. So that's the market rate. What people will pay.
      The market rate concept was in response to a question about opening a Go fund me account for cash contributions without selling anything.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Yeah...paying a player cash just to be on campus falls WAY outside of the idea of being able to profit on their "name, image, and likeness"

Comment

With all the hype around everyone coming back, I forgot that we still have new people coming in, Courbat, Duax, and Wolf. Is there any chance that these three aren't taking redshirts? Courbat almost certainly is, Wolf almost certainly is, Duax is the bigger question mark. He almost certainly is good enough to get some minutes, but is 5-10 minutes of Duax per game this year worth more than a potential full year of him as a starter in a fifth year?

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
            With all the hype around everyone coming back, I forgot that we still have new people coming in, Courbat, Duax, and Wolf. Is there any chance that these three aren't taking redshirts? Courbat almost certainly is, Wolf almost certainly is, Duax is the bigger question mark. He almost certainly is good enough to get some minutes, but is 5-10 minutes of Duax per game this year worth more than a potential full year of him as a starter in a fifth year?
            Duax is worth playing. The world has changed in that most kids would rather play that 5 minutes in year one than sit.

His body is ready, his game is ready and he defends well enough to play right away. If he can help you, you play him.

Courbat and Wolf are definite redshirts. Wolf's body isn't quite ready. Courbat is a project that you hope you get something out of in the long run.
            #MACtion

Comment

You might be right about Duax being ready, but selfishly I'm hoping Duax redshirts, mainly because our depth. The starters are likely... Born, Green, Berhow, Carter, Phyfe. You have basically a 2nd lineup with Kimmons, Heise, Pickford, Anderson and Betz. Plus Mar is there as well. Does Duax okay over any of these guys? Maybe Mar, but other than him, I really don't think so. I might be higher than others on Kimmons and Anderson, but Jake has shown a lot of faith in these guys (a lot of minutes for Kimmons as a true freshman and playing Anderson a bit as a true freshman coming off an injury). It's tough, there's just a lot of competition on this team. I don't blame them either way - and injuries and matchups are considerations, but man it'd be nice to have Duax playing big minutes in his 5th year rather than playing a handful of minutes on a deep team as a true freshman.

With that said, we do need to consider how scholarships would fall - will guys like Born, Heise and Anderson use the COVID year to stick around an extra year? It's gonna be a headache to track.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Juniors--Phyfe is almost assuredly going to use his extra year. Let's hope AJ is gone because the only way he comes back is another injury.

Sophomores-Kimmons probably uses his extra year unless his game is ready to make money overseas. Same with Carter. Can't imagine Betz not using the extra year.

Freshman-Born and Heise-See Kimmons and Carter. Henry and Anderson will most likely use the extra year. Krogman and Daniel would both qualify for the extra year if they'd choose to but, obviously don't count against the limit.

2022-23-12 filled, 1 to give (Phyfe, Kimmons, Carter, Betz, Born, Heise, Anderson, Henry, Duax, Wolf, Courbat, Campbell), Get Avila and be thrilled with it.
                Last edited by BCPanther; 10-22-2021, 01:55 PM.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  Juniors--Phyfe is almost assuredly going to use his extra year. Let's hope AJ is gone because the only way he comes back is another injury.

Sophomores-Kimmons probably uses his extra year unless his game is ready to make money overseas. Same with Carter. Can't imagine Betz not using the extra year.

Freshman-Born and Heise-See Kimmons and Carter. Henry will most likely use the extra year. Krogman and Daniel would both qualify for the extra year if they'd choose to but, obviously don't count against the limit.

2022-23-11 filled, 2 to give (Phyfe, Kimmons, Carter, Betz, Born, Heise, Henry, Duax, Wolf, Courbat, Campbell), Get Avila and that leaves one and you'd have a ton of position flexibility in who you get.
                  Anderson should be in the freshman group too. Assuming everybody eligible other than AJ is back next year, I believe we just have one open scholarship.
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Anderson should be in the freshman group too. Assuming everybody eligible other than AJ is back next year, I believe we just have one open scholarship.
                    Fixed. Bad Copy/Paste job outta me.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      You might be right about Duax being ready, but selfishly I'm hoping Duax redshirts, mainly because our depth. The starters are likely... Born, Green, Berhow, Carter, Phyfe. You have basically a 2nd lineup with Kimmons, Heise, Pickford, Anderson and Betz. Plus Mar is there as well. Does Duax okay over any of these guys? Maybe Mar, but other than him, I really don't think so. I might be higher than others on Kimmons and Anderson, but Jake has shown a lot of faith in these guys (a lot of minutes for Kimmons as a true freshman and playing Anderson a bit as a true freshman coming off an injury). It's tough, there's just a lot of competition on this team. I don't blame them either way - and injuries and matchups are considerations, but man it'd be nice to have Duax playing big minutes in his 5th year rather than playing a handful of minutes on a deep team as a true freshman.

With that said, we do need to consider how scholarships would fall - will guys like Born, Heise and Anderson use the COVID year to stick around an extra year? It's gonna be a headache to track.
                      I totally understand this thought process, but I think this guy is ready to give guys fits defensively already. I have also noticed him flashing quite a bit in the short videos the team has been sending out every so often. I feel like he is making a nice play in just about every one.

This is going to be a kid fans love because he plays his butt off. That's probably one of the things I love most about this team. There is a ton of talent, but this group plays so hard. November 9th can't get here fast enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X