WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facilities Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would of put a tunnel under 27th when they had it tore up for the steam pipes like they have on hudson. Especially when they expect to start taking away parking to the west.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
      1. Facility upgrades is one place I actually trust the department. The janky video boards aside, the Dome is already MUCH better place than it was when I stepped on campus in 1997.

2. The idea of Missouri State moving to CUSA is double-over laughing hilarious. You can't win in FCS football, so definitely move to a FBS league with exploding expenses and dwindling media rights opportunities. Think about all those fun games on...checks notes...Stadium! Plus, you'll get to play in a much worse basketball league. Imagine how excited you'll be for those big showdowns with Middle Tennessee State. And you'll get to lose to also completely irrelevant Western Kentucky again. You've finally made it, little bears!
      FWIW, rumor has it Missouri St has taken their name out of the running to move to the C-USA.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Marshall is jumping to the Sun Belt, WKU has to be hoping for the MAC. That conference is screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
          I wish they would of put a tunnel under 27th when they had it tore up for the steam pipes like they have on hudson. Especially when they expect to start taking away parking to the west.
          I don't recall ever having much trouble crossing 27th

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

FWIW, rumor has it Missouri St has taken their name out of the running to move to the C-USA.

I did see that after I posted. It looks like CUSA is going to be the big loser in all this realignment.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              I don't recall ever having much trouble crossing 27th
              It wouldnt only be for people crossing the road, but it would disrupt the traffic flow in and out waiting for people to cross.

Comment

This one snuck by me....

Illinois State just completed an $8M renovation of Redbird Arena.

New lighting, new audio, new hanging board, replaced all of the seating in the lower level and added suites all the way around on the concourse level.

#MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  This one snuck by me....

New lighting, new audio, new hanging board, replaced all of the seating in the lower level and added suites all the way around on the concourse level.

https://www.videtteonline.com/multim...fdbb4b6.html#1
                  I remember Muller tweeting out picture updates when they took the old ones out and brought the new ones in last year. The gap widens...

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    This one snuck by me....

https://www.videtteonline.com/multim...fdbb4b6.html#1
                    Couldn't happen here.

Who cares what upgrades are put into the building.

Just paint lines on the cement under the floor rather than replace it. Take the sound system out. Go back to an old-style flip scoreboard and sell the system we have now.

None of that stuff matters in college athletics. It's just "throwing money away"

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Couldn't happen here.

Who cares what upgrades are put into the building.

Just paint lines on the cement under the floor rather than replace it. Take the sound system out. Go back to an old-style flip scoreboard and sell the system we have now.

None of that stuff matters in college athletics. It's just "throwing money away"
                      Just don't drop your big orange drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X