WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Games of Interest Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now lets get those chairbacks filled.
    #MACtion

    Comment


    • Game looks pretty solid for tickets so far. Maybe a few hundred left? Hard to tell without counting each one, but who wants to do that?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kochrab View Post
        Game looks pretty solid for tickets so far. Maybe a few hundred left? Hard to tell without counting each one, but who wants to do that?
        Agreed, I'm guessing we're pushing 6000 and hopefully the student tuition giveaway gets a bunch to walk all the way across the street.

        Now it's getting people with chairbacks to use them. Warm(er) day, reasonable tip time, national TV.

        GET THERE PANTHER NATION!
        #MACtion

        Comment


        • Well so much for us not having it. Geez what a jinx

          Comment


          • Sold out. Let’s gooooo

            Comment


            • Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post
              Sold out. Let’s gooooo
              For all seats now? Or still "just" the GA sections?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

                For all seats now? Or still "just" the GA sections?
                Seat backs still available…

                Comment


                • It just got tighter among the top 4 teams. Missouri State took down Loyola 79-69 in Chicago. Mosley with 40 points for the Bears.

                  "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
                    It just got tighter among the top 4 teams. Missouri State took down Loyola 79-69 in Chicago. Mosley with 40 points for the Bears.
                    So far, Moseley has to be the easy choice for POY.

                    Comment


                    • Indiana state just beat Missouri state by 4

                      Comment


                      • Chatman for Illinois state is out for the year after tearing his acl. He was putting up solid numbers for them this year so that will probably impact them a bit going forward.

                        his career has clearly not gone to plan. I was pretty bummed when we missed out on him to UMass. Hopefully he recovers fine. Not sure how much if any eligibility he has left.

                        Comment


                        • This league remains totally winnable.

                          Starts by pounding the next two inferior opponents.
                          #MACtion

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            This league remains totally winnable.

                            Starts by pounding the next two inferior opponents.
                            Yep. I think the same thing. We could very easily look back and wish we had that game at Bradley, the game at Valpo, and the Drake game back as "do overs", but our goals are still in front of us. Wouldn't surprise me to see Drake have a let down tonight at Illinois State (Chatman being out doesn't help ISU any though) and a win by us tonight gets us right back into a tie with MSU for 3rd place (if Drake loses its a tie for 2nd place). Loyola has a back loaded conference schedule - they'll have at minimum 3 or 4 loses by the end of the conference slate. Absolutely no reason we can't still finish 1, 2, or 3 if we play to our potential the rest of the way. That starts tonight with a W on the road.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post

                              Yep. I think the same thing. We could very easily look back and wish we had that game at Bradley, the game at Valpo, and the Drake game back as "do overs", but our goals are still in front of us. Wouldn't surprise me to see Drake have a let down tonight at Illinois State (Chatman being out doesn't help ISU any though) and a win by us tonight gets us right back into a tie with MSU for 3rd place (if Drake loses its a tie for 2nd place). Loyola has a back loaded conference schedule - they'll have at minimum 3 or 4 loses by the end of the conference slate. Absolutely no reason we can't still finish 1, 2, or 3 if we play to our potential the rest of the way. That starts tonight with a W on the road.
                              The other game to watch tonight is Bradley at Valpo. If Valpo wins, the top 4 are two games clear of the bottom 6 half way through. I can't remember that kind of separation happening so early.

                              At what point do we start talking about Mullins as a disappointment at Southern? Assuming they lose to Loyola tomorrow night, they're in 9th place. He got all sorts of credit for Loyola's rise (I'm guilty of that myself) and the results in Carbondale haven't been great.
                              #MACtion

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                This league remains totally winnable.

                                Starts by pounding the next two inferior opponents.
                                I will just take a win of any kind tonight. We are playing in Indiana after all, 13-21 over the last 15 years there-and they really haven't had that many really good teams at any of the 2 schools or Valpo the last 5 years.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X