WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Conference Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 Conference Discussion

Didn't know where to put this so I thought I would start a thread about conference discussion.

Tyreke Key of Indiana State has decided to have season ending shoulder surgery. That is a big blow for the Trees, he is one of the most talented players in the league.

Of tomorrow's games (besides UNI-Nicholls), Valpo-Toledo is perhaps the most interesting. Valpo starts with a pretty good opponent (after poor D2 showings). They have some good pieces - can they form good team?

Comment

That is sort of my fear with them, they have the pieces but will take a while to gel. My guess is that they will struggle non-conference but then figure it out and get a few upsets that they shouldn't get during conference and make our top teams look bad. In all honesty the Valley had 4 teams that if they perform could or should be tournament team but there is only about a 1% chance of the Valley getting 4 teams in again.

Comment

Missouri State didn't schedule well enough to get an At Large so you'd have to have the perfect storm.
        #MACtion

Comment

Brutal news came out for Drake just a few minutes ago. D.J. Wilkins tore his ACL and will obviously be out the rest of the year. Wilkins is great on defense and he's consistently a big time shot maker for them.

Comment

Green wins his second Larry Bird award! Carter 2nd team MVC! Born 6th man of the year!

Comment

Man, I despise D+ as much as anyone, but you never want to see anyone get injured. They have had some horrible luck with guys getting injured at the end of the season the last few years.
              I think McGlynn was injured at the end of 2018-19. Hemphill & Penn at the end of last year. Now Wilkins this year. Tough break for the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
                Man, I despise D+ as much as anyone, but you never want to see anyone get injured. They have had some horrible luck with guys getting injured at the end of the season the last few years.
                I think McGlynn was injured at the end of 2018-19. Hemphill & Penn at the end of last year. Now Wilkins this year. Tough break for the dogs.
                It's time for a good hard look at their Strength & Conditioning program and Athletic Training or maybe Darian runs them too much.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                  Brutal news came out for Drake just a few minutes ago. D.J. Wilkins tore his ACL and will obviously be out the rest of the year. Wilkins is great on defense and he's consistently a big time shot maker for them.
                  That is just a shame - he had such a great season (and career). This is the second time his season has ended with injury in the regular season finale (freshman year ended with an ankle break).
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Terrible news for Wilkins. Imagine having to motivate to rehab with no basketball to come back to. His ability to chase a pro career overseas just took a giant hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                      Terrible news for Wilkins. Imagine having to motivate to rehab with no basketball to come back to. His ability to chase a pro career overseas just took a giant hit.
                      Doesn’t he get another year, due to the Covid season?

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Doesn’t he get another year, due to the Covid season?
                        Yes. He's got another one if he wants it.

The timing is going to make it pretty tough to be ready before the first of the year. Hopefully he's a quick healer!
                        #MACtion

Comment

It sounds like Wilkins, Brodie, and Penn all might be back. Drake should still be really good next year.

Comment

I'm just hoping Wilkins heals completely. That was the definition of a freak injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                              I'm just hoping Wilkins heals completely. That was the definition of a freak injury.
                              If he decides to return, a superstitious person might consider having him sit the regular season finale.

Comment

Working...
                              X