WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loyola to A10, Murray, Belmont, UIC to the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyola to A10, Murray, Belmont, UIC to the Valley

Per Norlander.

Whoa. Big Day.

Hurts to lose Loyola but this was probably always going to happen after they invested.

I don't hate the other additions at all. Two good markets and one good basketball program.
    #MACtion

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Per Norlander.

Whoa. Big Day.

Hurts to lose Loyola but this was probably always going to happen after they invested.

I don't hate the other additions at all. Two good markets and one good basketball program.
    Brutal news about Loyola. I totally get it on their part. A10 is a hell of a conference right now and Chicago is a great market.

Comment

Murray is a good add as we've known. UTA doesn't really do much but provide a market, but not real sure what kind of fanbase they have. Never a bad idea to get into Texas though. UMKC is similar to UTA, but watched them play the Hawks the other day and their style of basketball is boring. However, they did beat Missouri the other day. Overall, a step back.

Comment

Their cultural fit is so much better in the A10 and it probably makes them the next Big East add. I get it. It stinks but I get it. The real estate alone is probably worth billions.

#MACtion

Comment

Here's the Norlander link.

Sounds like Arlington and Murray before Christmas and then Kansas City later after some assurances are made. Can't get caught in another Valpo position.

#MACtion

Comment

Is the Valley going to stick at 13 (adding Belmont, Murray, Arlington, and KC while losing Loyola) or is more movement in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
              Is the Valley going to stick at 13 (adding Belmont, Murray, Arlington, and KC while losing Loyola) or is more movement in the works?
              Matt Brown says 13 is the plan as a hedge against Missouri State finding a non-CUSA invite but I can't help but see Little Rock hanging out there all alone as an easy 14.

Sounds like Arlington for sure next year and probably Murray. They need the the shovels in the ground from KC on some facilities as they aren't going to get burned like Valpo again.
              #MACtion

Comment

I’m sure there will be many who will think this is a disaster. I think this is fine. Caught lighting in a bottle the last 4 years with Loyola. Murray has always had the better program. Belmont is good. This will more than likely be a wash.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  I’m sure there will be many who will think this is a disaster. I think this is fine. Caught lighting in a bottle the last 4 years with Loyola. Murray has always had the better program. Belmont is good. This will more than likely be a wash.
                  Personally I would always take an elite team, which Loyola has developed into at least in regards to other mid-majors, over 2 solid programs. That said, it could’ve been worse. You have to hope UTA strikes something similar to Loyola, even if it’s not as successful. I don’t really see anything in UMKC.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                    They infused a ton of cash to get where they wanted to go. They weren't an institutional fit at all and now will be in their new league.

The sky certainly isn't falling. The Valley is awfully good at reinventing itself to stay relevant.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Maybe UTA and UMKC will entice Wichita back now that they can once again get "good steaks."

Comment

What does Murray State do with football ? Stay in the Ohio Valley?

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                          What does Murray State do with football ? Stay in the Ohio Valley?
                          They'll be in the MVFC and we're headed for divisions I'm sure.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Can we just kick Youngstown and WIU to the Ohio Valley?

Comment

Well this came out of nowhere for me. I think Loyola will probably struggle with some of those schools but they have been putting together some good teams. From a recruiting perspective I don’t know how you get a kid excited to play in that gym but clearly they have found a way. We add one good team and 2 teams that will be bottom feeders for some time. I’d probably rather see Milwaukee and NKU but I understand that market size is the draw for this move.

Comment

Working...
                              X