WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loyola to A10, Murray, Belmont, UIC to the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
    They're named Illinois?
    Illinois has 2 wins over Division I opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      how is a team that is 0-3 thus far against Division I opponents "an 11 seed in the NCAA"?
      In 2016, we were 10-11 after 21 games and were an 11 seed the the NCAA tournament.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

It's a joke. There will be a power five team that gets into the tourney with an 14-10 record, and will given a 11 seed. Happens too often to not be known. The Big 10 teams have played 51 games as I write this (per ESPN) A total of 5 have been away from home. There's the joke.
        Last edited by Trapped in California; 11-23-2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

how is a team that is 0-3 thus far against Division I opponents "an 11 seed in the NCAA"?
          Meanwhile, watch and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
            It's a joke. There will be a power five team that gets into the tourney with an 14-10 record, and will given a 11 seed. Happens too often to not be known. The Big teams have played 51 games as I write this (per ESPN) A total of 5 have been away from home. There's the joke.
            And I'd be willing to bet those 5 road games are all against other P5 teams. Same thing every year.

Although after I posted this, I think Roy Williams did the thing he did when UNC played at UNI - so maybe all 5 aren't vs P5s.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

And I'd be willing to bet those 5 road games are all against other P5 teams. Same thing every year.

Although after I posted this, I think Roy Williams did the thing he did when UNC played at UNI - so maybe all 5 aren't vs P5s.
              I looked them up.

Penn State lost at UMass
              Illinois lost at Marquette (Gavitt Games)
              Michigan State won at Butler (Gavitt Games)
              Ohio State won at Xavier (Gavitt Games)
              Rutgers lost at DePaul (Gavitt Games)

So, exactly one road game they weren't contractually obligated to play.
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I looked them up.

Penn State lost at UMass
                Illinois lost at Marquette (Gavitt Games)
                Michigan State won at Butler (Gavitt Games)
                Ohio State won at Xavier (Gavitt Games)
                Rutgers lost at DePaul (Gavitt Games)

So, exactly one road game they weren't contractually obligated to play.
                Xavier beat OSU. Shocking how playing on the Road is hard or something

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Xavier beat OSU. Shocking how playing on the Road is hard or something
                  Shocking that teams will all the power and money seem to avoid it...
                  #MACtion

Comment

people on here argue that UNI should buy non-conference home games in football instead of doing home-and-homes.
                    P5 basketball teams are doing just that and buying non-conference home games and y'all are complaining about it.

Comment

people on here argue that UNI should buy non-conference home games in football instead of doing home-and-homes.
                      P5 basketball teams are doing just that and buying non-conference home games and y'all are complaining about it.
                      It is a safe strategy. We get why P5 teams do that, doesn't mean we like it. When it comes down to it the difference in thought process, obviously, is that one would benefit UNI while the other actively harms UNI.

Comment

Both systems are flawed.

The NCAA committee has proven it only matters how the P5 does in conference play. .500 and you are in. Play Grambling 10 times or at UNI once, they dont care.

FCS committee really only cares about record. This is a bad year for it. But in most years a loss at Cal Poly or something would have kept us out of the playoffs where a win at home against Butler would have gotten us in.

For football, getting to a 5th home guy is critical. For Iowa/ISU basketball, a road game against a team you should still beat in between 12 of 13 home games would be good for the team.

But whatever, it is what it is.

Comment

People, all people actually, argue that you are regarded as one of the worst posters of all time, yet you continue to post here. Life is full of funny funny contradictions.

UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

People, all people actually, argue that you are regarded as one of the worst posters of all time, yet you continue to post here. Life is full of funny funny contradictions.
                            overcoming adversity builds strong character

Comment

Petition to ban Loyola from the auto bid this year??!!

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                                Petition to ban Loyola from the auto bid this year??!!
                                I wouldn't support that at all. It's petty, and makes conferences that do that look small-time.

I will say I don't feel too bad for JMU getting banned from CAA post-season events considering they voted for the same when previous schools left.

Something about treating others how you would want to be treated in that situation just makes a lot of sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X