WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4: UNI @ Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could've stomached a loss. I don't think I can stomach 9 wide open shots for Arkansas in a row when I started counting. We were in it because we shot unsustainably well, but if we played even a modicum of defense we win.

Comment

• A few missed gimme’s and a few bad rotations. Detail wins games like this and they just weren’t quite there. Y’all should be encouraged. It might not be a season in the dance but this team has something.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

We were tied at the under 4 timeout and then gave them 6 points uncontested. That's the definition of choke.
        anyone is entitled to a stupid opinion. I can think of much better examples of what a choke job is. Being back and forth with a top 20 team and having them finally pull away isn't shocking. They're deeper and more talented. It was fun to see the team compete but they had to have a crazy good night to even keep it close. I doubt we shoot that again the entire year. The team played great and make some stupid mistakes at the end but thats not what I would call a choke job. Being the better team and having that happen, sure. Being up 12 with 30 seconds and loosing sure. Getting beat by a better team after making a few mistakes at the end of the game.....lol, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip20 View Post
          Great effort and game. Once these guys get their feet under them they’re gonna be legit….just not quite there yet. Biggest complaint is the inbounds issue….still haunting them and just completely inexcusable. How has this not been addressed???
          It shouldn't be that hard, so maybe they don't practice it very much?
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Last 4 minutes was pretty messy but that was a pretty damn good effort coming off those first two games.

Not an easy place to play. Chippy game. Big crowd. Pretty physical opponent.

Boys showed up and battled.

Trust your offense down the stretch. Didn't get any good shots.

Tried to pressure the ball on D last 4 minutes and they shredded it.

Good game to play at this point though. Intense and a bit nasty and UNI landed a lotta punches.
            Last edited by Blue42; 11-17-2021, 08:09 PM.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• I don't understand how it's possible that our O looked so bad last week and so good tonight. We still had too many turnovers, but the movement and shooting was terrific. We need a lot of help defensively though.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

Being the better team and having that happen, sure. Being up 12 with 30 seconds and loosing sure. Getting beat by a better team after making a few mistakes at the end of the game.....lol, not so much.
                Just because we didn't equal our "worst choke in the history of the sport" choke doesn't mean it wasn't a choke. We were in it all the way, and then we gave up several wide open buckets in a row. Sure, the team that was supposed to win won, but I can also be a bit disappointed in the outcome, no?

Comment

• Side note, really hope we see more of that from Heise. Lost in Berhow feeling it, Heise had his best half of basketball in the first today. Cole Henry also provided some key minutes, my "oh god what are we gonna do when Phyfe's gone" worries have been somewhat laid to rest.

Comment

Just because we didn't equal our "worst choke in the history of the sport" choke doesn't mean it wasn't a choke. We were in it all the way, and then we gave up several wide open buckets in a row. Sure, the team that was supposed to win won, but I can also be a bit disappointed in the outcome, no?
                    They used their athleticism and made plays. Plus there were a few really well executed back screens in the series.

We're absolutely fine.

I'm REAL encouraged.
                    #MACtion

Comment

I agree but the two open shots when it was still close game under 4 minute TO came out of us putting on a hard trap. Credit Arkansas for making tough pass and the open guy finding space. Still may be a breakdown, I’m not a coach and would have to watch again. But i don’t know if it was a complete breakdown. The open layups when game was still in doubt were more concerning to me.

Comment

without a doubt we made terrible plays at the end and gave up some easy buckets. calling that a choke job seems laughable. Be disappointed all you want but having some perspective of the full situation and what the team did for the other 98% of the game should be taken into account. Factor in how we have looked down right awful in the 2 other games against D-1 teams and it doesn't seem all that bad. No moral victories but people also need to accept that fact we just need to see continuous improvement. We are not getting a at large bid so whats important is we continue to improve and play well in St. Louis. did we make some poor plays that cost us a chance to stay competitive in the game, yeah.

Comment

Side note, really hope we see more of that from Heise. Lost in Berhow feeling it, Heise had his best half of basketball in the first today. Cole Henry also provided some key minutes, my "oh god what are we gonna do when Phyfe's gone" worries have been somewhat laid to rest.
                          Heard a bit on radio. Sounds like Henry played a lot of minutes, and must have played well. They said Phyfe didn’t play much, and James Betz’s first appearance was coming in at the end in garbage time. Why didn’t Phyfe play more? Fouls, small lineup by Arkansas, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Heard a bit on radio. Sounds like Henry played a lot of minutes, and must have played well. They said Phyfe didn’t play much, and James Betz’s first appearance was coming in at the end in garbage time. Why didn’t Phyfe play more? Fouls, small lineup by Arkansas, etc?
                            watching most of the game on my phone and working I should probably re-watch but I think it just came down to the Arkansas players being a bit too athletic for him to make much of a impact. That and we were shooting the ball from 3 at a really good rate. Cole came into the game and had much more success. Cole has great ball handling skills and Phyfe isn't even close to as skilled in that area. Cole obviously can't stretch the floor like Phyfe can but he was the better person to play with the flow of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

AP didn’t look himself when out there. Not sure if health or game plan

Comment

• Henry handled the ball really well, I was extremely impressed with him. Phyfe just didn't seem comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X