WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 6: UNI @ Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figure that ******* is sitting in his mom's basement giggling at how clever he is while screaming into the abyss.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      I figure that ******* is sitting in his mom's basement giggling at how clever he is while screaming into the abyss.
      They're talking about p100.

Right AGAIN! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Which winning percentage is better: 61% or 65%?

Comment

Very disappointing that AJ is probably never going to get to play in March Madness. And couldn't capitalize this year.

Let's someone put it all together for STL

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post

I can appreciate a clever troll but I blocked it because its just a broken record. Same thing over and over. Unless it has developed some new material which I highly doubt lol.
          Definitely not new material and that’s actually what I find so amusing. I totally get how it’s a broken record and annoying. I just can’t help and think of how funny it is that this thing gets on its laptop to type this stuff all the time. Not enough brain power to say anything different tho. If I’m being honest this could be the most advanced bot we’ve seen on this board. It’s is slightly more advanced then the other spam posts we’ve seen previously.

Comment

Not the same energy tonight…missed a bunch of bunnies. Were Born and Heise battling some injuries also? Appeared to be limping around and a little sluggish. Team just hasn’t put it together yet…it’s hit or miss who gets hot to support Green. Tonight it was Carter, last game was Heise and Trae before that…Phyfe has been quiet. All need to step up. Team is so frustrating but if anything watching Green is just so much fun….I just pray he gets a chance to shine in March.

Comment

Bottom half of the Valley....like basketball...like football....wow...gonna be a looooooooooong winter when we lose to Nicholls, Vermont, and Bradley. Guess we hope for a .500 record like the football team. Hope the women basketball team and the wrestlers can give us something to cheer for.

Comment

Just was a physical style of play we were not prepared to handle. Tough night on the boards. With Phyfe having what looks like a foot injury it puts the season in a new light. We definitely lose our way with Phyfe out of the game. Going to be tougher yet vs Richmond on Sunday. Might want to give Betz a go. We need more of everything in the low post.
                BrockLesnar
                Last edited by BrockLesnar; 12-02-2021, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Phyfe wasn't injured per Jake post-game. Wasn't feeling well. In the second half where Phyfe didn't play, it was even on the boards. Glad to see everyone is handling a loss on the first day of December well.

Comment

After the Bradley loss it would appear coach has the tendency to sink or swim with certain guys. He appears to be using a top 7, next four rotation. Top 7: Heise, Green, Berhow, Carter, Phyfe, Born, and Henry. The next four: Pickford, Kimmons, Betz, and Anderson. The rest of the team are the walkons and redshirts. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm noticing what we have become.

Comment

Certainties in life: death, taxes, the Panthers losing their first conference road game of the year. *Sigh*
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

It's so bizarre to watch how effective our offense was the last few games, and then see the abomination we saw last night. Bradley did a nice job pushing out offense way too far out at the top of the key. We just could not get it going. Think about how ugly this game would've gotten if AJ didn't bail out the offense multiple times. Do we just lack the speed/athleticism to get open on offense? We were able to against St. Bonaventure so obviously we can do it, but that was hard to watch the first half last night.

I agree with Flip that Heise definitely looked like he was favoring his leg a bit. It looked like he had his legs wrapped, too. He was still one of our more efficient players if I had to guess. Phyfe had to have been sick. He just seemed lethargic. Henry had much better energy last night. The last second defense was some of the worst I've seen from UNI. And then AJ almost bailed them out again with a damn near half court three.

Tough way to start conference play, but it's just not surprising when we lose our first conference game anymore. The fact we put up 69 with the offense that was run last night is actually impressive.

Comment

I'm sure this will get taken the wrong way but Jake not getting the Minnesota job might be another negative turning point in the program...

Hire Kyle, keep AJ, get some semi fresh blood in the program. etc.

And nothing against Jake at all. 15 years is a lot of time at a program... Sometimes a change is good. We will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                            I'm sure this will get taken the wrong way but Jake not getting the Minnesota job might be another negative turning point in the program...

Hire Kyle, keep AJ, get some semi fresh blood in the program. etc.

And nothing against Jake at all. 15 years is a lot of time at a program... Sometimes a change is good. We will never know.
                            You know. I've been thinking about that as well.

I think Ben Jacobson is an absolutely outstanding college basketball coach and there's a reason he's as well thought of nationally as he is but....

16 years is forever in college basketball and we haven't had much staff turnover in that time and while I like Seth Tuttle's future as a coach, it was time to go outside the Jake/Mac tree to find new ideas and new energy. Look at the energy and recruiting that Ben Johnson brought while he was here.

The elephant in the room is that I have no desire to have David Harris making this hire and with Kyle in Ames, I don't think it's the done deal it would have been after last year that he gets it.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You know. I've been thinking about that as well.

I think Ben Jacobson is an absolutely outstanding college basketball coach and there's a reason he's as well thought of nationally as he is but....

16 years is forever in college basketball and we haven't had much staff turnover in that time and while I like Seth Tuttle's future as a coach, it was time to go outside the Jake/Mac tree to find new ideas and new energy. Look at the energy and recruiting that Ben Johnson brought while he was here.

The elephant in the room is that I have no desire to have David Harris making this hire and with Kyle in Ames, I don't think it's the done deal it would have been after last year that he gets it.
                              True. At least the plus side with Harris is that the 2 main coaches are going no where so he will have to find other ways to ruin the department ha.

Comment

I 1000% think that Kyle Green, along with TJ are the main reasons for this ISU transformation. It's amazing when a coach coaches up defense how competitive you can be. As fun as our offense can be from time to time, I almost wish we would go back to winning ugly and playing incredible defense every game.

Comment

Working...
                                X