WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 6: UNI @ Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Austin's COVID was mid to late summer per Jake last night and happened between his first and second shots. Just horrific luck.
    Ugh. That's awful. That kid definitely didn't need this after everything he went through a few years ago.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

Ugh. That's awful. That kid definitely didn't need this after everything he went through a few years ago.
      That's what I was thinking. Just what he has to be able to do to play a regular game after his issues a few years ago, now he tosses this on top? Yikes.

Nice that Henry has shown some offensive usefulness outside of scoring, need someone to come in and bang on defense and the boards. Time for Krogmann to turn into Friedman 2.0?

Comment

• Is he still suffering any effects from the heart issue he had a couple years back? Between that and long COVID (which can really affect heart and lungs), forget basketball; I fear for the kid's safety and long term prospects of being healthy.
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Is the protocol even in effect? Not sure long Covid is even contagious. I’ve known a couple of people who had it or something similar. My impression was it’s a longer term experience with the symptoms, after the virus itself is long gone. I could easily be wrong so someone correct me if so.
          Thanks, I hadn't heard of the medical term.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
            Is he still suffering any effects from the heart issue he had a couple years back? Between that and long COVID (which can really affect heart and lungs), forget basketball; I fear for the kid's safety and long term prospects of being healthy.
            I think they determined Austin had vasovagal syncope. That really just results in a sudden drop in blood pressure usually as a reaction to stress. My wife has had a similar ailment, and the hardest part about it is that doctors really don't know why or how it comes or how to stop it. I know they worked with Phyfe on a plan, but my guess is that he increased his sodium intake significantly to raise that blood pressure for awhile.

Sorry, that was kind of a long winded way to say that I'm not sure his heart or lungs are really damaged in any way. Bottom line is that covid is really nasty and should be taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

I think they determined Austin had vasovagal syncope. That really just results in a sudden drop in blood pressure usually as a reaction to stress. My wife has had a similar ailment, and the hardest part about it is that doctors really don't know why or how it comes or how to stop it. I know they worked with Phyfe on a plan, but my guess is that he increased his sodium intake significantly to raise that blood pressure for awhile.

Sorry, that was kind of a long winded way to say that I'm not sure his heart or lungs are really damaged in any way. Bottom line is that covid is really nasty and should be taken seriously.
              Yes, that was the diagnosis. Doctors at Mayo made it and treated with medication, according to news reports.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
              X