WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 12: vs Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 12: vs Evansville

Well, so far so good.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Looks good so far. Kimmons getting solid minutes today and playing well.

Comment

Got lazy defensively at the end of the half. UE scored 18 points on 7 possessions at the end of the half after scoring 15 points in the first 15 minutes.

Comment

Defense really needs to step it up this half. Offense was solid. Let’s hope it continues.

Comment

AJ with three assists to fuel the 10-0 second half run. Let’s go!

Comment

Oh sure, wait until I'm not watching to have an overall complete game. Ah well. At least that's a good way to get the MVC season (proper) started.

Comment

If Betz can't get into a game like this something is definitely wrong. They should give him a redshirt season in hopes he can become a contributor with an extra season.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                If Betz can't get into a game like this something is definitely wrong. They should give him a redshirt season in hopes he can become a contributor with an extra season.
                It doesn’t appear that Betz is at the game. I have been wondering what is up with him.

Comment

Also noticed that Betz wasn't on the bench, at least from what I can tell. I haven't seen anything. Anyone know anything?

Good to get back into the left hand column, but Evansville is horrid.

Comment

Nice to see a good all around game from Berhow today. We need him to play better if we're going to turn this season around.

Comment

I really wish the crowd would get into the game and support these guys a little more. You could hear a mouse fart in there. This was probably the best game we have played this season and a little more than a golf clap here and there would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mill1634 View Post
                        Also noticed that Betz wasn't on the bench, at least from what I can tell. I haven't seen anything. Anyone know anything?

Good to get back into the left hand column, but Evansville is horrid.
                        Coach Jake said pre game that Betz and Krogman were out due to Covid protocol

Comment

Much more pleasing game to watch. I wish Phyfe could get it going, but it's nice to see them control the game even when he didn't play much. I'm optimistic for a similar performance against Valpo and build some confidence and string some wins together.

Comment

I thought the effort was as consistent as we've had this year, especially defensively. Getting 5 guys in double figures is huge too and I never felt like anybody was pressing or trying to do too much.

On to the Lighthouses on Wednesday!
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post
                              Much more pleasing game to watch. I wish Phyfe could get it going, but it's nice to see them control the game even when he didn't play much. I'm optimistic for a similar performance against Valpo and build some confidence and string some wins together.
                              Some of the illness (non-COVID) that went around the team and coaches in Hawaii, caught up with Phyfe. Combine that with his long-term COVID effects and you could see him coughing and having a hard time catching his breath during the first few minutes of the game. Once he came out, he did not re-enter. Luckily, we didn't need him today, but we'll need him or Henry to step up Wednesday night versus Valpo.

Comment

Working...
                              X