WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 14- MSU Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could not watch the game yesterday; we’re watching it now. There have been a couple bad calls. One obvious one where the ball was out on MSU(Patterson), but they called it MSU ball. Starting the second half now…

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
      I could not watch the game yesterday; we’re watching it now. There have been a couple bad calls. One obvious one where the ball was out on MSU(Patterson), but they called it MSU ball. Starting the second half now…
      Bad calls go both ways every game. It’s a matter of the impact and timing of those calls that matters. That’s why it usually entertains me when the losing team complains about it. Yes, even here.

Comment

Yeah- at 6:22 left in the 2nd half, AJ is defending the post and Prim (without the ball) backs into him aggressively. The ref calls a foul on AJ. ?Is that the right call?

Comment

We've been on a hot streak since I got too busy to watch games, so I'm taking full credit for this win streak. That also means that I can't watch games live anymore, though, so.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
            We've been on a hot streak since I got too busy to watch games, so I'm taking full credit for this win streak. That also means that I can't watch games live anymore, though, so.
            Just don't read the board to catch up if we're down during the game. You'll find nothing but apathy and loser comments.

Comment

Where did you find the replay? On Paramount+? I can't find any sort of replay option for CBS for the life of me.
              Last edited by panther-state; 01-09-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Has a 57% winning percentage over his time at Missouri State. The MDH is hovering right around 60% or less right now, so I'm not seeing the huge gap in coaching "skills" myself.
                Dana is 1-6 against Jake. He's winless at home against Jake. Average score has been 76-66. In the 6 games he has lost to jake the average score is 79-64 Last night was just the second time in a loss he kept the game within single digits. The other time was his very first game, a 5 point loss at home to Jake.

Last night it took the third-best offensive performance (in terms of points) in the history of Missouri State basketball by Isaiah Mosley. Based on shooting percentages and all-around performance it probably was the best game that program has ever had. He still couldn't use that to find a way to beat Jake.

Dana, genuinely, gets coached in circles by Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post

Where did you find the replay? On Paramount+? I can't find any sort of replay option for CBS for the life of me.
                  I’m in cedar falls. I recorded it on cfu cable

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Dana is 1-6 against Jake. He's winless at home against Jake. Average score has been 76-66. In the 6 games he has lost to jake the average score is 79-64 Last night was just the second time in a loss he kept the game within single digits. The other time was his very first game, a 5 point loss at home to Jake.

Last night it took the third-best offensive performance (in terms of points) in the history of Missouri State basketball by Isaiah Mosley. Based on shooting percentages and all-around performance it probably was the best game that program has ever had. He still couldn't use that to find a way to beat Jake.

Yepp, plus the one loss was last season in the first of a double header where we hadn't played in about a month. We won the next day by double figures.

Comment

Yeah- at 6:22 left in the 2nd half, AJ is defending the post and Prim (without the ball) backs into him aggressively. The ref calls a foul on AJ. ?Is that the right call?
                      Prim should have had about 4 or 5 offensive fouls that weren’t called

Comment

Yet, another one not reading my posts who reads them. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, winning percentages aren't showing these "gaps" that you've manutactured.

How many Bubba Chucks got chucked up, to no avail?
                        Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 01-10-2022, 03:49 PM.
                        Which winning percentage is better: 61% or 65%?

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Yepp, plus the one loss was last season in the first of a double header where we hadn't played in about a month. We won the next day by double figures.
                          Unfortunately, winning percentages aren't showing this alleged "gap."

Comment

I was surprised to learn during the broadcast the other night it is actually spelled "Isiaih". I'm only correcting this because I am still confused how Isiaih is pronounced Isaiah.

Comment

When their fanbase gets Jake's name right more than 20% of the time I'll start to give a **** how their players names are spelled.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post

I was surprised to learn during the broadcast the other night it is actually spelled "Isiaih". I'm only correcting this because I am still confused how Isiaih is pronounced Isaiah.
                                Same way that Isiah Thomas is curiously pronounced like it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X