WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 15- ISUb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's dead man walking whether its now or in March.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Why would a power 5 conference hire Jake at this point? Losing record the last 5 seasons, and would bring the coveted Cedar Falls/Waverly recruiting pipeline with him. Hard to see a scenario where him being hired at a big money school can be sold to a fanbase right now, and I love Coach Jake but come on.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• The only way I see Jake moving to a P5 job (or the like)

- Replacing someone at Creighton
        - Taking a dramatic pay cut at a historically bad basketball school (Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, TCU, DePaul, etc.)
        - Suddenly finding a way to string 2-3 significant NCAA runs together

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
          Why would a power 5 conference hire Jake at this point? Losing record the last 5 seasons, and would bring the coveted Cedar Falls/Waverly recruiting pipeline with him. Hard to see a scenario where him being hired at a big money school can be sold to a fanbase right now, and I love Coach Jake but come on.
          Minnesota wanted him last spring before they realized Ben Johnson would take the job for half of what every other Big Ten coach is making.

I know it gets totally forgotten because of COVID but we were 26-5 and one of the last few in or out two years ago and we've been pretty damn good this year when we've actually got our entire roster.
          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            Why would a power 5 conference hire Jake at this point? Losing record the last 5 seasons, and would bring the coveted Cedar Falls/Waverly recruiting pipeline with him. Hard to see a scenario where him being hired at a big money school can be sold to a fanbase right now, and I love Coach Jake but come on.
            I understand the thought on recruiting but it has me wondering how much of it is being dictated by Administration due to the lack of reciprocal tuition (Farley used to mention this all the time)

This could also be part of why Jake’s name floated around last spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Minnesota wanted him last spring before they realized Ben Johnson would take the job for half of what every other Big Ten coach is making.

I know it gets totally forgotten because of COVID but we were 26-5 and one of the last few in or out two years ago and we've been pretty damn good this year when we've actually got our entire roster.
              Baloney. Minnesota wanted nothing to do with it, due to him being a has been (I say, a Never Was).
              Which winning percentage is better: 61% or 65%?

Comment

Working...
              X