WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 15- ISUb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 15- ISUb

Gotta keep the foot on the gas pedal for this one. Glad our first encounter with the Sycamores is at home though, not that it matters much. Play like we have the last 3 games and this shouldn't be close. Play like we did at the beginning of the season, and that might not be a thing we want to see... Go Panthers!

ISU is playing this game with 7 players and has not played a game or had a real practice in 8 days. Take care of business, no excuses, get this W.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

This one HAS to be a convincing W. Real chance to rack up some efficiency numbers and get back into the Top 100 NET. Not that it matters for us but if it helps the league get an extra bid, I'm all about it.

FYI- 119 NET, 104 KenPom, 110 Torvik, 120 BPI as of 1/10/22.
      #MACtion

Comment

Agree, and Ben has shown that he understands that (TBT to when MSU's Twitter staff got their feelings hurt in 2020). As far as improving the metrics goes, a win by about 8 will be a push.

Trees are 9th in the country in rim & 3 rate. They're 50th in tempo. I've seen people with doubts on whether that run and gun style could ever work in the Valley. And maybe those people will be right in the long term. But if you're Indiana state, with the limitations that that athletic department has, I think trying something different and being proactive with analytics is not a bad call.
        Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by not a drake fan View Post
          Agree, and Ben has shown that he understands that (TBT to when MSU's Twitter staff got their feelings hurt in 2020). As far as improving the metrics goes, a win by about 8 will be a push.

Trees are 9th in the country in rim & 3 rate. They're 50th in tempo. I've seen people with doubts on whether that run and gun style could ever work in the Valley. And maybe those people will be right in the long term. But if you're Indiana state, with the limitations that that athletic department has, I think trying something different and being proactive with analytics is not a bad call.
          I completely agree. Schertz has won like crazy and there's definitely something to be said about that. He's obviously a good coach. You don't win 80% of your games at any level by accident.

​​​​​
          #MACtion

Comment

ISUb is only showing up with 7 players tomorrow and no practice since January 4th. This is a must win and get some deep bench minutes game. And more so haven't had a regular practice since before Christmas. They've played with 8 players and used staff and team managers to fill in the holes.
            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I'm trying to post a pic and am struggling more than I should, but the link below should have a rundown of the ISU roster with who is available.

3 red Xs are definitely out.
              3 green check marks are in.
              4 for the remaining 7 yellows are available, 3 are not.

Image Screenshot-20220110-192537-Chrome-2 hosted in ImgBB
              Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                ISUb is only showing up with 7 players tomorrow and no practice since January 4th. This is a must win and get some deep bench minutes game. And more so haven't had a regular practice since before Christmas. They've played with 8 players and used staff and team managers to fill in the holes.
                That really sucks for them. But Covid got us good too earlier in the season. That might help us later in season because every team is going to go through it. Better have it in the noncon (even if it causes some embarrassing losses) than during Arch Madness.

Comment

I'm not even sure we had a truly 'embarrassing' loss. There's a pretty good chance that every team we lost to is going to be in the tournament which is insane if you think about it.

Richmond and Wyoming would be the two that need to have the most success in their leagues.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    I'm not even sure we had a truly 'embarrassing' loss. There's a pretty good chance that every team we lost to is going to be in the tournament which is insane if you think about it.

Richmond and Wyoming would be the two that need to have the most success in their leagues.
                    They were all embarrassing. Coach did not have the team ready to start the season and we were playing bad basketball. We started 0-3 at home, and had a 4-7 non conference record. Thats pathetic.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

They were all embarrassing. Coach did not have the team ready to start the season and we were playing bad basketball. We started 0-3 at home, and had a 4-7 non conference record. Thats pathetic.
                      I agree with you, but if it came out that the guys were beset by COVID earlier in the season (which I could imagine), the bad start would be understandable. What makes me think it might have been illness is that the energy level wasn’t there in the beginning AT ALL. Now they are playing with high energy. It’s like a switched has been slipped.

Comment

Take care of business. Keep the streak alive.

Go Panthers!

Comment

Well this one would be embarrassing if UNI doesn't take care of business. No disrespect to ISUb but they are clearly in the thick of it right now.

I'm curious to see which guys did not make the trip. Depending on who else is out, their lineup may not look all that different in the end. Of the 3 players that we know are out, 2 are benchwarmers.

Might not be a bad night for things to get a little chippy. A little foul trouble would clearly impact one team more than the other. It'll be interesting to see how the refs call it tonight.

Comment

Update: saw on the sycamore board Cooper neese and others are out. The trees are in rough shape tonight, y'all. I updated the breakdown here'

Image Screenshot-20220110-192537-Chrome-3 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Sleepwalking so far

Comment

Working...
                              X