WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 16 - Salukidogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 16 - Salukidogs

Record (UNI/SIU)
    8-7 (4-1) / 9-6 (2-1)

Kenpom
    106 / 130

SOS
    84 / 283

Luck (Kenpom)
    331 / 288

Offensive efficiency
    82 / 133

Offensive shot quality
    44 / 160

Defensive efficiency
    130 / 141

Defensive shot quality allowed
    175 / 82

Tempo
    162 / 351

Experience
    299 / 177

Final score projection
    SIU 68, UNI 67 (Kenpom)
    SIU 67, UNI 66 (Torvik)
    ​​​​​
    Last edited by not a drake fan; 01-15-2022, 08:20 AM.
    Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

UNI is 6-10 in Carbondale under Jake by my count. I don't think UNI is going to lay two stinkers in a row so unless UNI's offense is really clicking like it can on its best days, this one is probably going to be really close. Hopefully UNI can figure out a way to be on top when the clock hits zero.
    Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

I feel really good about this one. Tuesday night was an incredibly valuable lesson.

This team absolutely has the ability to win the league and these are the types of games you have to win.
      #MACtion

Comment

No league titles this year, friends.

Comment

Per Draft Kings, UNI is a 1 point favorite, O/U is 133.5. Per the original post, UNI has good numbers is offensive shot efficiency, while SIU has good numbers in defensive shot efficiency, ie. forcing bad shots (assumes I’m reading those correctly). According to Jake’s Thursday radio show, SIU is following the personality of their coach and playing some good, in your face style defense. Jake stated they’ve only given up over 70 once this year (didn’t look it up to corroborate, but makes sense).

This will be a tough game. UNI’s taking some great positive steps, but in no way are we good enough to play remotely mediocre and expect to win.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            , but in no way are we good enough to play remotely mediocre and expect to win.
            Nor continue to live and die by Bubba Chucks all day long. It's been a bit of a matter of luck as of late those those prayers are falling, but your time runs out with low percentage shots.

Comment

Playing SIU at their place always makes me nervous. Gotta play like we want this one and not as we did on Tuesday. Should be a fun game to watch though! Go Panthers!

Comment

Did I see that right? The announcers name is Connor Onion?

Comment

First one to 50 wins. Are these regulation rims?

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post
                    Did I see that right? The announcers name is Connor Onion?
                    The guys are saying us/we when referring to SIU. Amateur hour.

Comment

Phyfe! And one. Nice

Comment

For some reason the TV shot clock is one second ahead of the court shot clock.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                          For some reason the TV shot clock is one second ahead of the court shot clock.
                          Ha, it's not even close. Has thrown me off a couple times already.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Trash charge call. I like born at the 1

Comment

Solid defense. Aj is feeling it. Great half.

Comment

Working...
                              X