WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 16 - Salukidogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F√{k ya!
    Way to hold on!

Comment

Nice game. Woulda liked to see the guys extend the lead, but figured a run was coming, especially on the road. Way to bounce back when the going got tough though.

Also, sorry if anybody bet UNI -1.5, eek.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Woah. What a shot by Jones. Happy flight home from Carbondale congrats guys!

Comment

you can't really find much to complain about in this game. Team overall played a pretty good game. We had some stretches of poor basketball as you will in almost every game but overall they did a good job. Both teams played a good, tough game tonight. Its great to be picking up all these road wins in the valley. for shooting so poorly from 3 I was happy to see Carter and other work the inside game. We've played some of our best basketball when our guards can drive and open up the 3. If we continue to shoot inside our 3 point shooting will come around.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
            A win is a win
            Yes, it is. UNI isn’t going to blow out MVC level teams. We could still have a really good year and not blow out anyone, so get used to it. There isn’t much talent disparity between the good and mid level MVC teams, and almost all of them are mid level.

Comment

That last shot cost some folks in Vegas some money.

Comment

Huge win! That game is going to mean a lot at the end of the conference season. Probably the toughest road environment/good team combo we are going to play.

Noticeably, we are gelling as a team. Just. Keep. Winning.

Comment

Wonder how rotation will play out the rest of the season now.

Green/Heise/Probably Berhow/ and now Carter seem likely to get the chunk of minutes down the stretch with the 5th spot being the variable between Born/Pickford/Phyfe and Kimmons and Anderson only getting a couple rotations and Henry being a matchup play.

Just not sure Phyfe is ever gonna get past 20 minutes again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Yes, it is. UNI isn’t going to blow out MVC level teams. We could still have a really good year and not blow out anyone, so get used to it. There isn’t much talent disparity between the good and mid level MVC teams, and almost all of them are mid level.
                    Agreed. The Valley is deep this year. Will be deeper next year with Belmont and Murray. We are in a good league.

Comment

To everyone who bet on UNI +1.5, I'm sorry that they didn't defend that 5/8 court buzzer beater a little better
                      Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Great win boys
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by not a drake fan View Post
                          To everyone who bet on UNI +1.5, I'm sorry that they didn't defend that 5/8 court buzzer beater a little better
                          Screenshot going around twitter … ball was still in his hands at 0.0

Comment

Very nice road win. I honestly felt like it wasn't as close as the score the whole time. The refs really helped SIU get back in the game the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. A lot of rewarding Jones for going out of control to the hoop, AJ clearly had a held ball and they called a foul on him, and AJ also ends up with a cut on his left eye from Jones swiping at the ball and there was obviously no call there. They did try to balance it the rest of the way, thankfully, but the damage was done. I truly think we outplayed them just about everywhere tonight.

The announcers complaining about the pump fake were very incorrect for thinking there wasn't a foul on Damask. AJ does have a tendency to jump into the defender, but Domask clearly was going into AJ when he went to block the shot.

Noah was once again the guy that kept us afloat when things were going sour. He has been the go to guy lately, and I love it. Green hit some clutch free throws, Heise was solid everywhere again, and Pickford and Berhow busted their butts on defense.

Nice win! Next up: Valpo

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post

Screenshot going around twitter … ball was still in his hands at 0.0
                              Definitely seemed like it took longer than 0.8

Comment

A few constants in the Valley,
                                1) the officials will do what they can to make it a close game. Indiana State found that out Tuesday, we saw it again tonight
                                2) star players get star treatment. Thank goodness we have AJ on our squad. Domask got that treatment as well.
                                3) however the game is called in the first half, expect it to be called different in the second half (see #1)

Oh, and road wins are precious, precious, precious....
                                Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                                Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                                UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Working...
                                X