WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18: Drake (Purple out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 18: Drake (Purple out)

Cole Bair just broke the news, AJ is officially a go for tomorrow. Time to take care of business against the Bulldogs and likely being in second all by ourselves in about 26 hours.

Hell the bleep yes.

Comment

I'm nervous. This is the most jacked I have been for a basketball game in a while. Should be a super fun environment.
      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

We're a 2 point favorite today. Hopefully fans show up big time and the boys take care of business
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Noah developing into the offensive player he is will help this team tremendously the rest of the way. He and AJ have to be the focal point of the defense, and can help open things up for others. I thought Noah was going to be a reallllly good player, but he is turning into a 3 level scorer. AJ is an amazing offensive talent, but he does not have that in his toolbox. This team didn't have the start they wanted, but they can certainly have the finish. I wish I was there today!

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
            Noah developing into the offensive player he is will help this team tremendously the rest of the way. He and AJ have to be the focal point of the defense, and can help open things up for others. I thought Noah was going to be a reallllly good player, but he is turning into a 3 level scorer. AJ is an amazing offensive talent, but he does not have that in his toolbox. This team didn't have the start they wanted, but they can certainly have the finish. I wish I was there today!
            Noah is a unicorn. Just an unbelievable scorer at this level.

I'm not sure how Drake guards him today. Brodie has no chance on the perimeter. Sturtz and Hemphill (if he plays) aren't strong enough. Murphy is probably the best bet and he's going to be giving up 3 inches.
            #MACtion

Comment

Winner plays Iowa State for the in-state championship!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                Winner plays Iowa State for the in-state championship!
                Your Cyclone leaders Pollard and Hoiberg ended that possibility years ago.

Comment

I can't stand Sturtz

Comment

This is some good ol' fashion American slapd**k basketball being played right now. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                      I can't stand Sturtz
                      Ditto. I also wish we could guard the damn 3. I don't know that we've really contested any of their 3s.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Ditto. I also wish we could guard the damn 3. I don't know that we've really contested any of their 3s.
                        We're lucky they haven't shot it well so far.

Comment

Don't love that line up that we just had out there.

Comment

Aside from a lot of really bad turnovers, we’re looking good. Drake is in serious foul trouble. That’s going to be crucial.

Comment

Keep the ball in AJs hands and draw fouls...but don't slow into bad possessions.

Comment

Working...
                              X