WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18: Drake (Purple out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
    These refs completely swallowed the whistle when Drake got into serious foul trouble. Starting calling the game completely different.
    We also stopped getting aggressive. I'm pretty sure we were in the bonus with about 12 minutes left and we don't attack. They guard the **** out of AJ and we still act like he's the only guy who can handle the ball. ****ing pathetic late game coaching.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Jesus Christ, everything that wanted to go wrong did

Comment

Completely stopped running the offense

Comment

This loss is entirely on Jake. Horrible strategy over the last 4 min plus ot.

Comment

This has become so standard its basically what we are now. We are the choking team.

Comment

We pack the arena and get on national tv and lose.

Comment

Very simple. We need a new coach!

Comment

We had them knocked out with extreme foul trouble and a solid lead.

Comment

Wow, this team just sucks

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

We also stopped getting aggressive. I'm pretty sure we were in the bonus with about 12 minutes left and we don't attack. They guard the **** out of AJ and we still act like he's the only guy who can handle the ball. ****ing pathetic late game coaching.
                      This. Without reading ANY other posts, read this. UNI’s offense was like everyone except AJ had ****ing cement in their shoes. No movement.

Give Drake credit, They made plays down the stretch and deserved to win.

Comment

I want to have always been dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
                          Wow, this team just sucks
                          This was all coaching

Comment

This coaching staff is embarrassing. Once again you play AJ ISO ball and blow another game. Since I posted this before and a clueless poster brought up AJ having a good game my issue isn’t with AJ. My issue is with the play calling. AJ is being double teamed and we somehow can’t figure anything else out. Why do we not go to the post at all toward the end of regulation and OT? For people who have said games were ‘choke jobs’ that’s what this was by the coaching staff. You set up a system that was middle school level for the end of the game. Like I said a couple days ago. We blew our chance to be the #1 and very well might have blown our shot at a top 2 spot. We have have completely waisted AJ’s career and accomplished absolutely nothing post season wise in his time at UNI. It’s mind blowing that we have a 4 star, top 100 player fall in our lap and we have this coaching staff to blow it away.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Oh yeah - the stall ball certainly didn’t help. That being said, Penn got his 5th foul about 8 times while he was mugging AJ out top.

That’s a tough one to lose. The game was lost when we couldn’t push the lead to 15 between the 16:00 mark and the 8:00 mark. We let them stick around and that’s what we get. Yuck.

Comment

Berhow made a 3 with 3:37 to go to put us up 69-59.

Over the next eight minutes Drake scored on 11 out of 13 possessions, including two baskets that got them within two and tied the game in the final minute in which they literally just took it to the basket and laid it in. They outscored UNI 21-3 before a garbage basket by UNI at the very end. In that time the Panthers…..

Shot: 0/12
                                FTs: 3/4
                                Turnovers: 3

This has been pretty standard since A&M.

Comment

Working...
                                X