WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18: Drake (Purple out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
    Until we figure this out we're 4-7th place season after season. Yes, Belmont and Murray are almost here.
    Look as long as we get some more bids out of their arrival, that's fine by me at this point. Just give us the cash, we need it.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Both Jacobson and Farley had their contracts extended in ‘21, Harris’ was extended in ‘19. Harris’ ends in ‘25, Farley after the ‘26 season and Jacobson after the ‘28-‘29 season.
      Yes, and without the ability to buy these contracts we're stuck for the duration.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Look as long as we get some more bids out of their arrival, that's fine by me at this point. Just give us the cash, we need it.
        Yes, we will become a 2 bid league. Maybe, three some seasons. I'm just saying we're going to lose even more games. Hence, 4-7th place.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
          The biggest thing to me is who would be the next coach. We have no practice floor exclusively for basketball, subpar attendance, very little student fan base, and a long cold Winter with high winds. Who wants that?
          That's the problem I've wondered about. I at least get why someone would want to follow up Farley (even if I don't know who it would be), but UNI basketball has very little to offer a head coach on the rise. The one thing we had was our reputation, but that's been sliding for years. The only person I can think of off the top of my head (who'd be qualified (and also I'm not gonna pretend I have my ear to the ground on college coaching hires)) would be Kyle Green. But I have no idea about his head coaching ability.

Could definitely sell "Job security," though.

Comment

I blame Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
              This coaching staff is embarrassing. Once again you play AJ ISO ball and blow another game. Since I posted this before and a clueless poster brought up AJ having a good game my issue isn’t with AJ. My issue is with the play calling. AJ is being double teamed and we somehow can’t figure anything else out..
              I’ll preface by saying I agree with everything but your first couple sentences.

Boy I struck a nerve after that game, huh? I explained my reasoning for mentioning what I did and still don’t understand how you don’t get it?

this game was entirely different as AJ was doubled from the jump and ISO was challenged all 45 minutes.. iSO WAS working on the game you posted previously on. It WAS the reason the game went to OT.

Comment

Originally posted by edgecat View Post

I’ll preface by saying I agree with everything but your first couple sentences.

Boy I struck a nerve after that game, huh? I explained my reasoning for mentioning what I did and still don’t understand how you don’t get it?

this game was entirely different as AJ was doubled from the jump and ISO was challenged all 45 minutes.. iSO WAS working on the game you posted previously on. It WAS the reason the game went to OT.
                No nerve. I just prefer to not waist my time responding to ppl who don’t understand basic things. So I made sure to say I don’t have a issue with AJ. He’s doing what he’s told.

iso ball time after time isn’t going to work. Sure, you can point to a moment it did, but then that team catches on and changes how they attack….and Jake does nothing but run the same thing over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                  No nerve. I just prefer to not waist my time responding to ppl who don’t understand basic things. So I made sure to say I don’t have a issue with AJ. He’s doing what he’s told.
                  iso ball time after time isn’t going to work. Sure, you can point to a moment it did, but then that team catches on and changes how they attack….and Jake does nothing but run the same thing over and over.
                  It was working in the game you were referring to. Not sure how many times that can be said. Feel free to ignore me if you want to continue, guy who prefers not to waste time on those of us without an understanding of “basic things”

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post
                    I’m as disappointed as anyone tonight. I’ve been a diehard for 40 years and my emotional state tonight is one of those times where you question why you care so much about whether a 20 year old kid makes a shot. Yes I’m frustrated with AJ ISO at the end of games and I also sometimes think Jake may need some fresh blood on the bench. But....

The sky is not quite falling as much as many on here are implying.
                    I agree. The coaches need to figure out something scheme wise to counteract how we’re being defended. It’s really frustrating they couldn’t do it in game, but it’s not the end of the world. Give Drake some credit too. We lost to a good team that made plays down the stretch. They also appeared to be less winded at the end and in OT, but at that point the momentum was on their side too. Jake and his staff know their stuff. Give them a chance to figure it out.

We can still have a good finish. Anyone who thought we’d roll thru the Valley didn’t read much about the talent some teams had returning. The league is pretty balanced this year, so there are plenty of potential losses ahead for the top 4 or 5 teams.

Comment

• Busy watching UNI rasslin shell them there Bison last night-all for WELL under $200k per year too, friends-so I couldn't make the game.

Let me guess: endless Bubba Chucks tossed up with a low percentage rate of conversion, right? Thought so...

Comment

• Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                        If Jake hangs around long enough he will be the all time win leader of the MVC. But will always be remembered as Coach Meltdown because of all his big time leads he couldn’t have his team hold onto☹️ When you think about it…Wow what it could have been like!
                        Quite a little truth to this. Jake owns the biggest meltdown in NCAA tournament history. The largest lead ever blown in a Missouri Valley Championship game. The only one seed to lose to a eight seed.

Comment

• On Jake's postgame radio interview last night, he did take full responsibility for failing to change the offense near the end of regulation, when Drake changed how they were defending. Although it has happened before, let's hope he has learned his lesson for future late game strategy when we have a lead. Need to get back on track at Evansville Wednesday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                            On Jake's postgame radio interview last night, he did take full responsibility for failing to change the offense near the end of regulation, when Drake changed how they were defending. Although it has happened before, let's hope he has learned his lesson for future late game strategy when we have a lead. Need to get back on track at Evansville Wednesday night.
                            And here is why this coaching staff is an embarrassment. Literally everyone watching that game can tell in the moment something needed to change and he comes out after the game and says “oops, my bad guys. Should have done something different”. What in the hell do we pay him to do? Highest paid coach in our league and he now has said multiple time he should have done better and that a ‘lesser’ coach at a smaller school that just got promoted from a D-2 completely out coached him. He’s basically telling us game after game how every coach in this league is better than him…..well outside of maybe his buddy as MSU and Evansville.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

And here is why this coaching staff is an embarrassment. Literally everyone watching that game can tell in the moment something needed to change and he comes out after the game and says “oops, my bad guys. Should have done something different”. What in the hell do we pay him to do? Highest paid coach in our league and he now has said multiple time he should have done better and that a ‘lesser’ coach at a smaller school that just got promoted from a D-2 completely out coached him. He’s basically telling us game after game how every coach in this league is better than him…..well outside of maybe his buddy as MSU and Evansville.
                              Wrong! Remember, the MDH is an elite coach, my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                                On Jake's postgame radio interview last night, he did take full responsibility for failing to change the offense near the end of regulation, when Drake changed how they were defending. Although it has happened before, let's hope he has learned his lesson for future late game strategy when we have a lead. Need to get back on track at Evansville Wednesday night.
                                What does that really mean “take full responsibility”

it means zero. Nothing. It’s coach speak garbage. Jake has sucked at end of games forever.

is he going to give some salary back ? Buy everybody a beer at next home game?

Please. Rather he said nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X