WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 21: Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 21: Bradley

A little over 6 hours til tipoff and no game thread. No game thread last game until after tip. Has apathy set in that badly after the Drake game? I was just as disappointed as anyone after that game, but we're essentially sitting in a 4-way tie for 1st place (we're .5 a game back of Drake & Loyola) with 8 games to play. I know it all comes down to winning 3 games in 3 days in STL, but a regular season title is still certainly within reach if we play to our potential down the stretch.
    We need to protect home court tonight against a Bradley team that is finally hitting their stride - Rienk Mast in particular has really stepped his game up in league play. UNI opened as 4.5 point favorites.

Incredibly nervous about this one. Feels like the prototypical trap game, if one believes in that concept.

Comment

Last time I started a game thread we lost

Tonight is big. A win not only keeps pace with Drake, Missouri State, Loyola but it also gets us two games clear and really sets in the Top 4 separation.

Drake has the classic let down game in Terre Haute tonight and Missouri State is in Carbondale. Both buildings will be super sleepy because of that nasty blizzard rolling through. I feel like it could get weird tonight.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
        Incredibly nervous about this one. Feels like the prototypical trap game, if one believes in that concept.
        I feel the same way. I hope the players are focused on this game and not the rematch with Drake this weekend.
        I think the line seems about right (maybe even a little high - I figured it would open around 1.5-3.5 in favor of UNI) and I think this one gets decided in the final minute. I'll take UNI 68-65.
        If we get a lead, just keep running the offense like we did on Saturday against Illinois State. Don't take the foot off the gas in the last 8 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Last time I started a game thread we lost

Tonight is big. A win not only keeps pace with Drake, Missouri State, Loyola but it also gets us two games clear and really sets in the Top 4 separation.

Drake has the classic let down game in Terre Haute tonight and Missouri State is in Carbondale. Both buildings will be super sleepy because of that nasty blizzard rolling through. I feel like it could get weird tonight.
          I like weird. We obviously needs to take care of business on our end, but I could definitely see ISU getting hot and beating Drake (kind of a trap game for them as well playing ISU on the road between Loyola and UNI at home) like they did MSU. Carbondale is always a tough environment, could definitely see MSU taking an L there too.

Comment

If Mr. Hackman's simulations are to be believed, there is a solid chance this is a 4-5 Arch Madness preview. Both teams have about a 2/3 chance to end up 4th or 5th based on his simulations.

I don't see this as a trap game for UNI. I see it as a genuinely good game between two solid teams. Mast has been killing it lately. Will be a big test for Carter down low. Might see more minutes than has been typical for Phyfe tonight.

Comment

Should be a fun game tonight! Like it’s been said, let’s make things weird between the top 4. I like weird.

Comment

Very big night not only for separation, but it will add confidence. Play hard let it happen.

Comment

Homeboy's got a free one tonight on the t.v., so he'll be offering his expert analertis all game for those not able to watch it for free.

Comment

This is a big game. Would like to avenge that lame loss in December. We are a better team now than whatever we put on the court then.

Let’s gooooo.

Comment

Kimmons not warming up. ?

Comment

Question (in the Dwight Schrute voice): is what we called in the days that I played, traveling," no longer called in round ball? I ask because the pros take about 26 steps each shot, and I've seen UNI travel three times so far.

An honest question. Is it just overlooked today?

Comment

Bradley is on a roll lately and the computers say that they are the better team fwiw. Nervous about how this is going to go.
                          Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                            Kimmons not warming up. ?
                            Covid per Jacobson

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X