WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Madness 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    Bally sports paid for the broadcast rights, so the espn+ feed is blacked out for those in Bally sports' footprint area.
    If your TV provider does not carry NBC Sports Chicago could you pay a subscription to Bally and use their app to stream the game?

Comment

Gotta admit that this place looks nice, and the it'll look fine on TV today with curtains down. I take back my previous comments on that.

St. Louis is still boring though, the curtains can't cover that up.
      Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Schack View Post

If your TV provider does not carry NBC Sports Chicago could you pay a subscription to Bally and use their app to stream the game?
        No but as long as you're in Cardinals territory, you should be able to access the Bally app with your provider log in
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Schack View Post

It looks like it *might* be the ESPN+ for me, in the Twin Cities. At least it is showing as an upcoming event through my login on the ESPN+ app.

God, I hate all of this.

We killed cable years ago, moving to streaming and over-the-air antenna. So, I have had ESPN+ for UNI football and basketball.

That so much of this is tied to TV providers is so 2008.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

It looks like it *might* be the ESPN+ for me, in the Twin Cities. At least it is showing as an upcoming event through my login on the ESPN+ app.

God, I hate all of this.

We killed cable years ago, moving to streaming and over-the-air antenna. So, I have had ESPN+ for UNI football and basketball.

It show as upcoming for me too in SW Missouri. However, when the event begins you get the following message: "Media not allowed. This event is blacked out in your area."
            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Today's game will be LIVE on Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Indiana, NBC Sports Chicago and ESPN+ via the ESPN App (outside Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska).

Also available via the Bally Sports App and http://BallySports.com.

This from UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

God, I hate all of this.

You'll be fine on ESPN+ in Minnesota.
                #MACtion

Comment

So frustrating to try to manage the upmteen different streaming providers needed to even casually follow UNI sports

Comment

once again so stupid I can watch the game on the computer threw espn + but not on the tv that is running off the same internet LOL
                    Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                      So frustrating to try to manage the upmteen different streaming providers needed to even casually follow UNI sports
                      As BCP confirmed, ESPN+ came through for this game in Minnesota.

But, yeah, it is a mess. Between multiple different streaming providers, issues with various devices/TVs for those apps, availability of apps to devices (my newer Samsung smart TV does not have an ESPN+ app available for it), etc., it is a frustration more often that it ought to be in 2022.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I just found the game on Mediacom FSN Channel 40. It has the Bally logo in the corner, It only took me 30 minutes of frustration with ESPN+ to go back to basic cable and find it!

Comment

still waiting on the tech people from ESPN + to explain why the PC streams the game on ESPN + but the tv hooked up to the same internet says media not allowed LOL

Comment

I haven't tried this for basketball but I use it for MLB blackouts.

Can you use a fake gps app on your phone to bypass the blackouts if you're in the TV footprint? Note that I think this works for Android only.

Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

It has to be something on the ESPN side of it, as i said PC works and TV media not allowed using the same internet and sitting next to each other LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post
                                It has to be something on the ESPN side of it, as i said PC works and TV media not allowed using the same internet and sitting next to each other LOL
                                Probably a couple of dumb questions, but just to make sure...

Is either device on a VPN that might make ESPN think it is in a different location?

Are you logged in to your ESPN+ account on the TV? The app should allow you to log in with your TV provider and log in to your ESPN+ account. Just being logged in with your provider info won't be enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X