WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Jake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Jake

Admittedly I'm not the biggest Jake fan. Not a hater by any means but disappointed by some things...

But 2 out of 3 outright titles baby. And in a just world one of those was an at large.. hopefully that will keep the trolls at bay for a while..

Kaboom

I love Coach Jake, but I also get fed up with him at times. It seems like whenever I'm ready to join the Fire Jake train, he does this. Heck of a job getting this team going. Let's win 3 more next week, then go bust some brackets in a big way.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
      I love Coach Jake, but I also get fed up with him at times. It seems like whenever I'm ready to join the Fire Jake train, he does this. Heck of a job getting this team going. Let's win 3 more next week, then go bust some brackets in a big way.
      Lol. Yup. Basically exactly this

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
        Admittedly I'm not the biggest Jake fan. Not a hater by any means but disappointed by some things...

But 2 out of 3 outright titles baby. And in a just world one of those was an at large.. hopefully that will keep the trolls at bay for a while..

Kaboom
        Honestly, he should get MVC Coach of the Year.

We got off to a horrid start in the non-conference and were 4-7 in 2021. We're 14-3 in 2022, and two of those losses came in overtime.

I don't what other coach it could or should go to, to be honest.

Comment

Unfortunately Valetine will get it.

Comment

Ain’t it some **** that a team that finishes fourth in the conference after being preseason favorites would win COY?

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
              Unfortunately Valetine will get it.
              Nah, the guy picked basically in a first place tie that finishes 4th ain't getting it, especially with them leaving.

Getting close to needing to rename it the 'Ben Jacobson Coach of the Year Award'.
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

Honestly, he should get MVC Coach of the Year.

We got off to a horrid start in the non-conference and were 4-7 in 2021. We're 14-3 in 2022, and two of those losses came in overtime.

I don't what other coach it could or should go to, to be honest.
                If they had a better record, maybe that dude from ISUb because of how they played while undermanned. Darian might get some votes. But it's probably between Jake and Valentine.
                "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

I love UNI. But here is my question to anyone that has been ever been on a fire Ben Jacobson train, if you look at our recruiting base ( the state of Iowa and a nice connection in the twin cities), endowment, availability to big donors, facilities, fan support, the lack of support from the board of regents, just who do we rank ahead of in the Valley? 21 years ago when McDermott and Jake walked on to the campus, did we have advantages over any Mo Valley schools? Who by rights should we be beating? What advantages does Northern Iowa offer a coach in comparison to its main competitors?
                  Jake wins with good kids and he wins on a regular basis. He won with teams based on defense and he just won scoring 102 freaking points. I could be wrong ( I am on a regular basis ), but I feel damn lucky to have him coaching at my school.
                  "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Kaboom
                    Its really 2 out of 2 titles. Last season was a farce.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Obviously, I beg to differ, given what is handed out to get this.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Its really 2 out of 2 titles. Last season was a farce.
                        Pfft. Whatever. Oregon State was the most legitimate Elite 8 team in tournament history.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
                          I love UNI. But here is my question to anyone that has been ever been on a fire Ben Jacobson train, if you look at our recruiting base ( the state of Iowa and a nice connection in the twin cities), endowment, availability to big donors, facilities, fan support, the lack of support from the board of regents, just who do we rank ahead of in the Valley? 21 years ago when McDermott and Jake walked on to the campus, did we have advantages over any Mo Valley schools? Who by rights should we be beating? What advantages does Northern Iowa offer a coach in comparison to its main competitors?
                          Jake wins with good kids and he wins on a regular basis. He won with teams based on defense and he just won scoring 102 freaking points. I could be wrong ( I am on a regular basis ), but I feel damn lucky to have him coaching at my school.

KaBOOOOOM!
                          Last edited by ronfitch; 02-27-2022, 07:12 PM.
                          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

KaBOOOOOM!
                            Is that the reaction shot from after Born's 3 in overtime?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Pfft. Whatever. Oregon State was the most legitimate Elite 8 team in tournament history.
                              Obviously they played their best basketball when it mattered most last season; I'm not going to hold that against them.

Ironically though, they are absolutely terrible this season; almost as bad as Iowa State was last year. They're currently 3-24. I remember thinking in the pre season that it would be a big non-conference win for the 'Clones to knock them off, and it probably was for the 2nd game of the season. Not so much now though.

Comment

Working...
                              X