WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC Tournament Quarterfinals vs. Illinois State/Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    I just put my house and all liquid assets on Evansville.
    After Evansville wins 4 games in 4 days you'll likely be able to buy all of North America

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
      One thing is certain, if we do get into the NCAAs either Iowa or Iowa St. would be our second round opponent.
      You're making a big assumption that either Iowa or ISU will win a game

Comment

In a way Loyola has the most pressure. A loss in any game could drag them into the NIT. All that despite their so called high net rank.

Comment

I think it's an advantage playing the early afternoon games in all three rounds. That's the reward for being #1.

Comment

Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post

I don’t give a fig who were are playing. Give us the 16 and make us play Kentucky. I don’t care. I just want us to get in.
            I think we'd make the 15 line. Yeah, about playing Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post

After Evansville wins 4 games in 4 days you'll likely be able to buy all of North America
              Keep the Russians at bay...

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post

I think we'd make the 15 line. Yeah, about playing Duke.
                Giving coach K his final loss in the first round would be epic. But I think the floor is a 14 if we get in. The bottom 10 conferences are pretty bad and we would be above their champions.
                Last edited by JD720; 03-01-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I think I've decided I'll start a new "official" game thread on Thursday night after the 8/9 game is done.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
                    In a way Loyola has the most pressure. A loss in any game could drag them into the NIT. All that despite their so called high net rank.
                    Just looked at the latest ESPN bracket and Loyola is the first team out. They have a NET of 31 (of course they would drop out of the top 30, which would be a quad 1 win at home), but Rutgers is in with a net of 83. Why have the NET if it doesn't mean anything

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

Just looked at the latest ESPN bracket and Loyola is the first team out. They have a NET of 31 (of course they would drop out of the top 30, which would be a quad 1 win at home), but Rutgers is in with a net of 83. Why have the NET if it doesn't mean anything
                      whatever system/guidelines put in place will always just be a facade of hoops for mid-majors/etc. to try and jump through, but in reality will just be moving goalposts controlled by the P5 to adjust in whatever ways most benefit them for getting their own teams in.

Comment

The NET is a joke, they don't release the formula for how the teams are ranked, they are just throwing rankings by a team with no meaning behind it.

Compare Iowa to Iowa State

Iowa is 18th Iowa State is 35th

Iowa's record vs each quad is as followed 1-5 vs quad 1, 6-3 vs quad 2, 6-0 vs quad 3, 8-0 vs quad 4

Iowa State's vs each quad is as followed 9-7 vs quad 1, 2-2 vs quad 2, 1-0 vs quad 3 and 8-0 vs quad 4

Please explain how Iowa is 17 spots ahead of Iowa State?

There are plenty of other examples this one was just local and easy for people to relate to.

Comment

Are all-conference awards/teams announced today or tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                            The NET is a joke, they don't release the formula for how the teams are ranked, they are just throwing rankings by a team with no meaning behind it.

Iowa's record vs each quad is as followed 1-5 vs quad 1, 6-3 vs quad 2, 6-0 vs quad 3, 8-0 vs quad 4

Iowa State's vs each quad is as followed 9-7 vs quad 1, 2-2 vs quad 2, 1-0 vs quad 3 and 8-0 vs quad 4

There are plenty of other examples this one was just local and easy for people to relate to.
                            That's a great illustration of what a crappy computer formula can generate for results.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

Iowa is really good at blowing the doors off terrible teams so they're obviously better than Iowa State who beats really good teams in close games.
                              #MACtion

Comment

So basically next year we need every MVC team to play this non conference schedule, and blow out every team and we will dominate the NET?

IUPUI
                                Delaware St
                                Mississippi Valley
                                Eastern Illinois
                                Lamar
                                Maine
                                Arkansas Pine Bluff
                                Charleston Southern
                                Columbia
                                Farleigh Dickinson
                                Incarte Word
                                Omaha
                                Central Connecticut State

We may need to drop Evansville to do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X