WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 31: NIT @ Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

I think that may have helped on offense for them but I don't know about their defense-they definitely were not as intense as a Valley game. If that is how the A10 plays, then Loyola might just come in and beat some teams up pretty badly.
    Yea I agree. They're was a stat that something like 9 of the last 11 Valley teams won their first game in the NCAA tourney. I think a lot of that is because Valley games are so intense defensively. AJ and Trae probably hadn't seen so much room to shoot in months.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

That was f*cking awesome!

One of the most complete games we've played all year, on the road, and yes, SLU was down a good player, but we led start to finish. That 20-0 run in the 2nd half was a pure and beautiful stretch of basketball!

Comment

Also a rumor that their coach is headed to Mizzou

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

They also didn't have their best player
          Doesn't matter.

You play with who you got.

If we were missing someone...as we were in non-con...nobody would cut us any slack. Game goes on.

Great win.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

So good to get out of the league. Our offense is a bear to get ready for in two days
            #MACtion

Comment

After watching the officials swallow their whistles in St. Louis, the game at BYU is nearly unwatchable.

Comment

Fun game. That's all the matters

Comment

These refs aren't gonna let Long Beach win. BYU getting momentum, probably heading there. Do we know when the next game time will be announced?
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Yea, I get they were without their point guard, but they really weren't that impressive. A lot of size and very physical inside, but once we took that away, they really struggled.
                    SLU needs a couple more shooters.

Other than Jimmerson nobody could shoot outside 15 feet.
                    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Yea I agree. They're was a stat that something like 9 of the last 11 Valley teams won their first game in the NCAA tourney. I think a lot of that is because Valley games are so intense defensively. AJ and Trae probably hadn't seen so much room to shoot in months.
                      They didn’t even try to take away the three. It was there all day.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        So good to get out of the league. Our offense is a bear to get ready for in two days
                        No kidding. Our average Valley game was much harder than this one. I was glad just to not see another Valley team.

Comment

Watching LBSU/BYU. The way we played tonight, we could beat either of these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post
                            Watching LBSU/BYU. The way we played tonight, we could beat either of these teams.
                            But looks like we are going to be heading to Provo…

Comment

Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post

But looks like we are going to be heading to Provo…
                              Yes, but it doesn't look like they have any Samoans on their team, so that's something we don't have to worry about.

Comment

These refs aren't gonna let Long Beach win. BYU getting momentum, probably heading there. Do we know when the next game time will be announced?
                                Late tonight. It'll be Saturday if it's out there.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X