WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022-23 Season Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
    Word from KC is Heise dislocated his finger again. Had a pin inserted and will not be available until after Christmas. Noticed he had the fingers taped during the Richmond game. Tough to lose our best defender with so many young, inexperienced players on the roster. Great opportunity for Duax or Wolf to step up.
    Unreal. We can't catch a break. I guess it's probably better now that in February/March, but this one is still going to hurt.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I feel like he has not looked like himself shooting it so far. This explains that a bit. Get him right and ready to go by Christmas.
      "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Whoops, wrong thread
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
          I feel like he has not looked like himself shooting it so far. This explains that a bit. Get him right and ready to go by Christmas.
          Is it his shooting hand? If so, it may take him a while even after he returns to regain his shooting stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Is it his shooting hand? If so, it may take him a while even after he returns to regain his shooting stroke.
            Yes. Right middle finger.
            #MACtion

Comment

After 7 games,
              Bowen Born ranks # 7 nationally in points/game.
              Tytan Anderson ranks # 21 nationally in rebounds/game.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                After 7 games,
                Bowen Born ranks # 7 nationally in points/game.
                Tytan Anderson ranks # 21 nationally in rebounds/game.
                Tytan is a rebound monster.

Comment

Needed to rs Ege
                  Courbat is D2
                  Good kid but needs to play in Fayette

Wait for next season

​​​​​​

Comment

So Richmond, who we played a close game with and got blown out by Toledo, is beating Drake by 30.

Two thoughts. The Valley sucks. It's the worst the league has been since the late 90s. Last night was horrible but a healthy Heise makes us a top half team. The loss of talent in both coaching and playing is really starting to catch up to the league.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Drake has everything back they could ever want. They should run away with this title. Something is obviously wrong.
                      Even with Heise I don’t think we are a top half team. Maybe with Heise and Phyfe. We are way too young. We lack size, lack dependable 3-point shooting, we are awful at the free throw line. We have hustle and spirit by the tons though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherhelmet View Post
                        Drake has everything back they could ever want. They should run away with this title. Something is obviously wrong.
                        Even with Heise I don’t think we are a top half team. Maybe with Heise and Phyfe. We are way too young. We lack size, lack dependable 3-point shooting, we are awful at the free throw line. We have hustle and spirit by the tons though.
                        Correct. We play hard, and that’s about it.

Not enough guys, nowhere near good enough talent wise, no scoring, no shooting, no size. We just don’t have it.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          So Richmond, who we played a close game with and got blown out by Toledo, is beating Drake by 30.

Two thoughts. The Valley sucks. It's the worst the league has been since the late 90s. Last night was horrible but a healthy Heise makes us a top half team. The loss of talent in both coaching and playing is really starting to catch up to the league.
                          It really is impressive just how far the league has fallen, and there's not a great reason for why it has. I mean I know the reasons why, but it doesn't really feel like reasons that can't be rectified relatively easily.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

It really is impressive just how far the league has fallen, and there's not a great reason for why it has. I mean I know the reasons why, but it doesn't really feel like reasons that can't be rectified relatively easily.
                            And what's funny is that we all see what's happened and metrics-wise at the end of the year we're going to fall all the way from 11th to 12th to move right back up next year after CUSA is gutted. Might get all the way to 9th because we'd already be ahead of the A10 if we were having a normal year and the AAC is losing everything except Memphis.

I love college basketball but it's a bad, broken product right now.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I love college basketball but it's a bad, broken product right now.
                              Understatement of the century. The transfer portal, NIL, constant realignment, etc have destroyed it. I just hope it can be salvaged somehow.

Comment

Working...
                              X