WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: Richmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We battled. Unfortunately this is about what we expected. Until the young guys get the confidence to knock down some shots we'll struggle to score consistently.
    A young team on the road against a veteran team is a tough match-up. Monday could be brutal but hopefully it'll have us ready for KC.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
      Pretty typical early season game the last 5-10 years. It's nice knowing before the end of November your at large chances are done. That way you can start prepping early for the only 3-4 games that matter all year.
      Their at large chances are nowhere near done. Lots of good basketball teams still on the schedule. They will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I saw him too
        He was wearing red and pictured when they were on the Richmond coach. Glad someone else noticed so I don’t keep thinking I’m crazy. I went back and looked after the game and it’s definitely him. I googled strength coach at Richmond and haven’t found anything yet but it threw me off to see him.

edit: I know no one cares but he was at the game. Found some stuff on instagram. I think he has a connection with both teams.
        Last edited by unipanther2154; 11-11-2022, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Agreed. 3 bench points can't happen if this team is going to be successful. Gotta finish shots at the rim. They did, we didn't, that was mostly the difference. Wolf desperately needs to see one go through the net.
          Would like to see a shot chart for us tonight to see how many X's there were right at the rim!

Comment

I don’t think there’s a lot to take away from this game. We were competitive first half and just stunk it up second half. We’re going to need a whole non-con of data to know who this team is. And this Virginia trip is a suicide mission that won’t tell us much other than we have a long way to go.

Comment

Perhaps we should've hit the portal

Comment

Difference in the game was shooting. Check out the stats. On the road against a pretty good team we were pretty even every where except 3’s. We will get better. Second half hurt. Number of ****s around the rim that would not fall and theirs did

Comment

Originally posted by Mill1634 View Post
                  Perhaps we should've hit the portal
                  I agree. I think we should change the entire way we run our program based on a road loss on November 11th.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Is there a real reason we're not full on scholarships? Post of me wonders if it's a budget thing since we were over last year... I would certainly hope that's not the case, but I just don't understand why we're two short.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

One thing I can count on with this forum is a bunch of doomsday talk. I thought we played well. The shots just weren’t falling. I definitely believe in this team and know those will be dropping far more often during most of our games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1994grad View Post
                        One thing I can count on with this forum is a bunch of doomsday talk. I thought we played well. The shots just weren’t falling. I definitely believe in this team and know those will be dropping far more often during most of our games.
                        One of those two open 3s we had when down 11 goes in I feel like this game could have gone a little differently.

Comment

Overall, played with determination and toughness. I think we will hang tough Monday too.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            Is there a real reason we're not full on scholarships? Post of me wonders if it's a budget thing since we were over last year... I would certainly hope that's not the case, but I just don't understand why we're two short.
                            I think it's simply wanting to have rides for this recruiting class. We looked at a couple guys in the portal, didn't have a match and banking two starts to balance classes again.

We were finally balanced and, boom, COVID.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I think it's simply wanting to have rides for this recruiting class. We looked at a couple guys in the portal, didn't have a match and banking two starts to balance classes again.

We were finally balanced and, boom, COVID.
                              Yeah, and I’m sure it’s not that we didn’t try to hit the portal either. Hell, we kind of went well out of our way late to take a chance on Peksari.

I have hopes, and he could be great, but I think that may have been a circumstance pickup

Real hard to critique our scholarship distribution given the class we’re about to bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I agree. I think we should change the entire way we run our program based on a road loss on November 11th.
                                You can be an apologist all you want, but not bringing in portal talent in 2022 is crazy for a mid major program. Zero reason we couldn't attract a guard that could give us 20-25 minutes a night to help take some of the scoring ease off of Bowen. Adapt or get left in the dust. This team will be lucky to finish in the top half of the Valley (and tonight doesn't change that, I've believed that before tonight)

Comment

Working...
                                X